Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troublesome Neighbours

Troublesome Neighbours

My only reason for posting is to make others aware of what can happen if you have a couple of idiots for neighbours next to your permission.
    I have 20 acres near Poole, a great bit of grass land in amongst thick forestry and a nature woodland reserve, a total deer haven where they rarely disappoint on an outing.
    On Thursday 18th after my friend Egis had taken a five point Roe Buck which had been hobbling with an injured leg. I was approached by a neighboring husband and wife as I approached my L200.

Unfortunately she is a real busy body who has her husband in tow who was holding his phone up and i assume using it to video or take a foto of me and my registration and the ensuing conversation.

First thing out of his mouth was my mate and i had just illegally shot a doe out of season followed by his other half jumping in that he is not allowed to shoot on their land unless he is in a high seat..

We are then accused of poaching as the shot buck had run onto another neighbours field (not theirs) by about three metres before dropping. The neighbouring land has sporadic fencing most of which has fallen down. At this point she feels its her turn again and accuses us of “flat shooting and dangerous shooting”. Repeating all the time that her husband is only allowed to shoot out of a high seat.

We weren’t aware these two idiots were infact watching or spying on us from behind a small wood separating their side of the boundary..
    We could see the deer clearly from the boundary which was recovered without us taking our firearms onto the neighbouring land.

So... Firstly this guys view who is a stalker and has atleast two high seats on his land must have been so good he was unable to distinguish the sex of the Roe, i corrected him as it was a five point Roe buck and then told her to go fetch somebody if she wasnt happy as we both had our certificates on us and had permission to be there and also my mate who I was mentoring didnt need to be in a high seat shooting off sticks.

As to the flat shooting suggestion the buck was taken off sticks so unsure what she was trying to say there!!!

I have taken over twenty Roe on this bit of land in the last three years and two bucks so far this year my mate Egis taking this one.

Anyway i arrive home and have a call from my landowner whose only concern is my well being after explaining the woman had been on the fone moaning she was getting onto the Police.

Next day he gets a fone call from the Police who he duly informs of my allowing to be there with his permission and of my level 1&2.

I have heard absolutely nothing from anybody other than my land owner at this point so chose to contact my FLO leaving a voicemail and my phone number should i need to be contacted.

As far as i can make out this fiasco is a direct result of this chaps missus making trouble because of him being conditioned as i can only assume the Police have been out,checked the land and stipulated he shoots from a high seat.

Following on from this my FLO made an appointment to come and visit me yesterday after contacting my land owner.
    My FLO is a great chap, and as you would expect it did not take long to show the picture of my mate with the buck and explain things accurately.
    Just how somebody who clearly needs the police guidance and having to only shoot from a high seat can then judge from behind a wood and in another field at 90 degrees what is or isnt a safe shot is beyond me…

I have the approval of my FLO and remain welcome to shoot by the land owner having not broken any laws so will be out there again this afternoon/evening

Some people sadly got nothing better to do than make trouble when they see somebody enjoying doing something they cant..... I feel sorry for the fella after listening to his missus going on!!!

Anyway chaps just a heads up of what can happen out there…

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

hes after your land simple ,and he is trying anything and everything to make you look bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just don't need nutters like that, but they are there and it's a fair warning to all..

Yea sounds like he is pissed as he has to shot from high seats and you don't also he maybe after your land as it sounds like you get a lot of deer on there.

well done for keeping a cool head some people just can't keep there noses out of over people's business.

​Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Perhaps she fancy's you Terry and this was her way od breaking the ice

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Perhaps she fancy's you Terry and this was her way od breaking the ice

John
    Thats bad John, lol

I shall refrain from making any comment about her appearance

I can not add anything else on this. Good writ up Terry

Its one of those cases where they are trying to intimidate you effectively, personally I would be tempted to knock on their door next time out and explain you are going out here is your proof of permission you have been stalking XYZ years and so don't have a restricted license etc and suggest that she now knows the situation everything is legitimate and if she wants to call the police you will explain everything to them again and push them to pursue her for wasting their time.
    Then just be very careful and do everything to the letter of the law, if that fails just shoot it early morning as odds are you will get less bother

There is normally two sides to every story on this occasion there is not ,the world is full of busy bodies simples !
    Good write up
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    Its one of those cases where they are trying to intimidate you effectively, personally I would be tempted to knock on their door next time out and explain you are going out here is your proof of permission you have been stalking XYZ years and so don't have a restricted license etc and suggest that she now knows the situation everything is legitimate and if she wants to call the police you will explain everything to them again and push them to pursue her for wasting their time.
    Then just be very careful and do everything to the letter of the law, if that fails just shoot it early morning as odds are you will get less bother
    Cheers Al,

My land owner is also a good friend who joins me and my partner for dinners and likewise i have enjoyed a good few bbq's at his family home..

The neighbours are sadly just the busy body type who think they can influence all those around them with their wishes.

The woman even shouted over the fence once that i was to leave a Bronze Medal Buck her husband had his eye on..

I have advised my FLO i dont want any further animosity but have asked it be made absolutely clear when he speaks to them that they kindly keep their noses out of what doesnt concern them.

Not sure their type will be taking much notice of that tho..

Terry