Thread: Another good day.

Another good day.

Another good day here yesterday. Two nice young cull Bucks grassed by Paul M. The morning started of well, I spotted a Buck in the first quarter of an hour, Paul managed a text book stalk and we soon had him gralloched. Stalked for another 4 hours, it getting windier by the minute. Gave up, went home for the big breakfast and called it a day until evening.
    Went out again about 7pm, the wind having come down from hurricane to gale force ! Blowing sand everywhere so I didn't give much for our chances. Spotted about 7 sheltered in some large trees, stalked in but they were too smart for us and were off like rockets.
    Stalked another good clean Buck half an hour later but something spooked him from another direction and he slid away too.
    (Good to have a few nice one's in the Bank though, so I didn't really mind )
    Finally spotted a young Buck grazing near some woodland, managed to stalk in close even though the wind had died away and it was very quiet and crunchy underfoot. Paul managed another perfect shot to the engine room just before the light went.

Home for a wee dram to celebrate - - another grand day !

JR

This is my usual advert - -

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use one of mine. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing. No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one!

Approved Witness available for any of you undertaking your Level 2. Price £100
    Duration 4 hours approx ( Could be longer but at Witnesses' discretion) Please contact me for further details.

B&B at www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Plenty Roe about - - . Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £2.50 per kilo. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
    Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
    Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Conditions are super now John. Great to hear of yet more success on your ground, lovely area it really is. Don't forget to give me a shout if you want a day at the reds.

Nice one John

Now the trigger fingers in fine fettle again me you and Egis are in much need of a catch up..

Hopefully get this house sorted and ill give you a ring

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Cadwallader View Post
    Conditions are super now John. Great to hear of yet more success on your ground, lovely area it really is. Don't forget to give me a shout if you want a day at the reds.
    Thanks Glen - - some day I'll take you up on that - - and vice versa - - if ever you fancy a wee wander near home instead of driving half way to the North Pole just pop round and help yourself to a Beastie.

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "