Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catapults

Catapults

Was having a rekky among-st my fishing box the other day and found my old catapult nothing fancy just a cheap one. Instantly thought of tin can alley.
    Away with a selection of AAA's weight's and a rummage through the recycle bin.
    Bloody hell what fun I had for 30 minutes and a great way to pass time. Next time I'm going to use a target like for zeroing and see what groups I get and with draw back further also.

​Any one else plinker away with these.

Mine needs some new elastic ,do you remember as a kid looking for catty forks ?
    ​Norma

this chaps pretty handy,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Mine needs some new elastic ,do you remember as a kid looking for catty forks ?
    ​Norma
    I do, the tree rats are soon going to get plinked. I've never really used it with fishing weights etc.. just for scattering maggots everywhere.
    I was quite surprised at how powerful they seem to be, was going through tinnyes at 5/6 meters.

I was looking at them just the other day ! Having rekindled my interest in archery it's a natural move to include the catapults of my youth (black widow)

My father always used to set aside good catty sticks - always a few hanging up in his workshop to season. I must've picked up the habit from him, because I can never chuck a good catty stick on the bonfire! Always cut them and keep them.

Stalking pheasants along the margin of the cornfields with my dad and his catapult - the golden days of my childhood!

Trouble with the youth of today no imagination cattys ,fishing,camps .my old chap even persuaded me to put pepper on a rock with the idea a rabbit would sniff the new rock inhale the pepper ,sneeze and knock its self out ! I went a couple of miles every day checking the rock lol kept me busy for a week in the holidays !

Trouble with the youth of today no imagination cattys ,fishing,camps .my old chap even persuaded me to put pepper on a rock with the idea a rabbit would sniff the new rock inhale the pepper ,sneeze and knock its self out ! I went a couple of miles every day checking the rock lol kept me busy for a week in the holidays !
    Love it !!
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Bought one the other day,(exam procrastination). Need to practice with it. They are pretty hard to aim accurately.

Used it a few times already to chase the brother out of my room

And to catch partridges, you shake pepper on their tails!