Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for a bavarian pup

looking for a bavarian pup

Does anyone know of any Bavarian pups about, Im on the look out for a bitch, must be of working lines,

thanks
    ​Andrew

contact widu on here if you want the low down on the BMH , but unless you are tracking 50 plus tracks per year do you actually need one ?

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Thanks, I wouldnt say i will be tracking deer at those sort of numbers, but i do a fair bit of stalking, and have quite a few local mates in the stalking game, I feel a bavarian would suit me well, as i dont have a dog at the moment, ( will hold my hands up an say i have lost a few deer before) and know of others aswell, The dog will also be as a pet, not all about the tracking and deer work,

I look at it as 15 deer in the bag is better than 15 deer left out in the bush,

thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by AndrewT059; 25-04-2013 at 09:31.

Thats much the same with my GWP I don't do enough stalking to have her for it full time but the rest she is much like yours a pet, and general shooting companion. What I can say is she has put 3 muntjac in the bag this month that have run short distances at last light and made decent cover, 2 for me and one for a mate. None would have been up to anything the next day she makes light work of it and they do condition to their surroundings despite living in she is perfectly happy being a pet but flip the switch and you have a bit of a tool.

I have a bmh and can honestly say she is making a cracking companion and deer dog, she is calm at home and enjoys larking with the kids or lolling in front of the fire but when it comes to stalking is unreal her nose is outstanding. i am pleased with my choice she comes everywhere with me and also she has been quite easy to train as well as please so for me has been a great choice , atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

As above , thats what im looking for, good pet, good companion, but if needed it can do the work/tracking,

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    Thats much the same with my GWP I don't do enough stalking to have her for it full time but the rest she is much like yours a pet, and general shooting companion. What I can say is she has put 3 muntjac in the bag this month that have run short distances at last light and made decent cover, 2 for me and one for a mate. None would have been up to anything the next day she makes light work of it and they do condition to their surroundings despite living in she is perfectly happy being a pet but flip the switch and you have a bit of a tool.
    Try a Vizsla,THE SWITCH IS ALWAYS FLIPPED.

Speak to Pete at the BMH society. Google them. His dog is stunning, fantastic temperament and a demon trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougster View Post
    Speak to Pete at the BMH society. Google them. His dog is stunning, fantastic temperament and a demon trailer.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    I wondered how long that would take.

I wouldn't bother getting a BMH, you'll either get a slagging because you bought the wrong one or you'll buy the right one and turn into a complete c0ck.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.