Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Rabbit Lamp

Cheap Rabbit Lamp

Hi there,
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    I recently acquired a 90 acre new rabbit permission and it's quite important for me to make a good impression (as he says that there might be a chance of deer stalking as well if i do a good job).
    Up until now I have always gone rabbiting of an evening, as I never really had any pressure to perform at my permissions - so now looking for a scope mounted lamp as i'm guessing that lamping might be the best way to get on the top of the rabbits. My budget is very small so can anyone suggest a cheap but effective option for lamping rabbits with my .22lr?
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    ​Mike

That is very cheap! Do you think it would work ok for what I want to use it for? Also I'd need to mount it somehow but guess i can source a mount somewhere.

I got one mate, and it does the job for me. Granted there will be varied opinions on everything both good and bad but at a tenner you cant really complain. I got a mount from Amazon aswell for a few quid. Im sure some others on this Forum will have varying opinions.

thanks for the heads up - worth a punt at that price anyway! (if it doesnt do what i want for it it should be good for a torch).

I got a P7 lenser on my .22, does the job and didnt break the bank.
    Cheers
    Richard

+1 for the p7

also herd good reports about the Cree lamping torches of amazon and there a third of the price of the p7 but I haven't seen one used in anger yet.

ok, so have ordered one of these! anyone know what mount i need to attach it to a 1in scope??
    also can you get a switch on a wire (to attach to your stock), sure i saw one of these before?

Usually the cheap ebay ones won't have all the extras available, being cheap counterfeit copies and all. The click button at the back of it should not be too much of a disadvantage though.

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    Usually the cheap ebay ones won't have all the extras available, being cheap counterfeit copies and all. The click button at the back of it should not be too much of a disadvantage though.
    Cool no worries,
    Just need to find a mount now!