Thread: dsc1 help

dsc1 help

Hi lads , I've been offered the deer stalking on a nearby group of farms , the farmer wants the deer culled for crop protection.
    I will need to get my dsc1 , does anyone have advice on these courses in the northeast?

SD Regular
    I think you've got some good choice - John Robson at Yorkshire Roe Stalking should be an early port of call - but you may be closer to some of the Scottish chaps - Paul at Barony etc. I'm sure all will give you some good advice.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

jon snowdon greenlee he is in the area

go on the training courses on this site and u will see jon snowdon advertising training for dsc1 dates

Just done DSC with Jon Snowdon at Greenlee and excellent weekend and loads of extra information

Why ? Does the farmer request you get it ?
    Regards
    ​norma

Cheers lads , greenlee would be the closest I would say. Norma the farmer asked if I could sell the carcasses.I need it for selling to game dealers right? I think it is a good idea to get it for future permissions , everyone seems to be wanting qualifications for everything these days!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    Cheers lads , greenlee would be the closest I would say. Norma the farmer asked if I could sell the carcasses.I need it for selling to game dealers right? I think it is a good idea to get it for future permissions , everyone seems to be wanting qualifications for everything these days!
    Although you'd probably find dsc1 useful and interesting if you do the whole thing, I believe you can get the certificate which enables you to sell to game dealers by doing a one day course.

Really? what certificate is that ? who does it ? I would probably do the dsc1 even though as it should give me a better insight of my quarry .