Thread: Quicksilver moderators

Quicksilver moderators

Has anyone used these new fangled titanium moderators? I've seen and handled them but have not had any experience of them in use. Any reports (scuse the pun) on how quiet they are?

They are very lightweight and seem well made (which I suppose they should be for the price).

Ta

Gareth

QUICKSILVER SILENCERS

ORDERED ONE IN LATE JULY; WILL NOT HAVE IT TILL EARLY OCTOBER AS THERE IS A WAITING LIST. ITS FOR A BLASER 7MM-O8;WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT PERFORMS WHEN I HAVE IT. REGUARDS Dave

Cannot see that they will last too long, Ti is not a good material to heat up and cool down repetedly as it soon cracks when subjected to themal cyclic loading.

Just my 2p worth

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Buck
    Cannot see that they will last too long, Ti is not a good material to heat up and cool down repetedly as it soon cracks when subjected to themal cyclic loading.

Just my 2p worth
    Not really thought of it that way. Would the properties of the various alloys used modify these thermal characteristics? I think the qs is made of an alloy rather than pure Ti? Will be interesting to see the longevity though.

You could have hit on a national safety issue!

http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/coo...anium-mug.html

I'm guessing the Ti Moderator would be annealed if the cracking would be an issue. These moderators are also produced to Mil Spec in the US - where they are rated for ful auto fire. Would think that would have shown up any problems.

Rgds

Ian

5000 rounds in 100 round bursts is 50 thermal cycles.

50 Rounds deer stalking is 50 thermal cycles.