Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Africa Trip - April 2013

South Africa Trip - April 2013

Thanks to all whom aided me with good sound advice prior to my trip. Had a wonderful time hunting with Wild Horizon, here follows a few Pic's;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kudu Bull.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	27585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	365.6 KB 
ID:	27586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	se 054.jpg 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	27587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	092.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	27588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	178.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	27589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131.jpg 
Size:	311.1 KB 
ID:	27590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	27591

Thanks for sharing! Now i cant wait for my trip to SA in September!

​Tom

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Now i cant wait for my trip to SA in September!

​Tom
    Enjoy Tom, I'm sure You will love it, here's hoping You have a great trip !!

I go again with Guy in June, he does a sound job of building you a package to suit your pocket and what you want to do. Having been previously ripped off by a Taxidermist in Joburg and the P.H. shaking his head yet doing nothing, three of us later found out there were a further 9 people who lost money as well. Guy made every bit of my trip enjoyable, made sure my trophies were "stunning" before I paid a penny. Guy Short handled all the details with consummate professionalism, anyone interested in going to Africa, I will be more than happy to send you a DVD of the pictures of my animals I took last year, all 23 cull animals, and the areas you hunt in, I would not wish any site member to experience what myself and two mates went through previousely. deerwarden.

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    I go again with Guy in June, he does a sound job of building you a package to suit your pocket and what you want to do. Having been previously ripped off by a Taxidermist in Joburg and the P.H. shaking his head yet doing nothing, three of us later found out there were a further 9 people who lost money as well. Guy made every bit of my trip enjoyable, made sure my trophies were "stunning" before I paid a penny. Guy Short handled all the details with consummate professionalism, anyone interested in going to Africa, I will be more than happy to send you a DVD of the pictures of my animals I took last year, all 23 cull animals, and the areas you hunt in, I would not wish any site member to experience what myself and two mates went through previousely. deerwarden.
    Likely I will book again with Guy next year, i like the way he go's about his business. Thanks again Deerwarden for sending the Dvd,i'm sure you will have another memorable trip.

Cracking animals well done truly stunning up at lady grey, Back there again in 4 weeks cant wait, going for kudu, gemsbok, warthogs and bushbuck, shark fishing ,a day shooting franklin,large mouth bass.guy runs a really cracking outfit , cheers tommo

Quote Originally Posted by tommo42 View Post
    Cracking animals well done truly stunning up at lady grey, Back there again in 4 weeks cant wait, going for kudu, gemsbok, warthogs and bushbuck, shark fishing ,a day shooting franklin,large mouth bass.guy runs a really cracking outfit , cheers tommo
    Hi Tommo, that sounds like some trip you have planned there, very best of luck. Ha!! I'm already "Biting at the Bit" to get back out there, spech for the Kudu, that is hunting truly at its best. Regards; Steve

Hi steve, me and my brother were out there two years ago with guy and clint both top lads, we had a cracking time taking about 16 animals between us, we took impala,warthogs,bushbuck at clints farm then had a day fishing at haga haga for musselcrackers then took mountain reedbuck and a bushpig in daylight at thomas river. we then headed up to blomfontein farm which was stunning and took black and blue wildebeast,springbok and blesbok seen some cracking fallow up there, we then headed to pressley bay on the coast for 4 days of fishing had some big musselcrackers and dags with plenty of other species aswell, brilliant sat eating crayfishing and oysters while watching the whales head up the coast, been two years since we were there but its flew in,getting itchy feet now it certainly gets under skin when you have been to africa. cheers graeme

As said anyone wanting a DVD of my trip your more than welcome, one of my cull animals, a blesbuck, has made a gold medal, Clint is a hunting machine, I took impala, wharthog and a bushpig on my LAST day as well, truely awesome outfit. Both Guy and Clint work their socks off to make your stay memorable, anyone thinking send your address and you can look at my 10 day hunt, shows the area, farmhouse etc I also went for and got a Mcnab as well, the Swart Mcnab society is small but growing, thats really challengeing to do, yellow fish are really hard fighters. deerwarden