Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Dedicated calibre mods

  1. #1

    Dedicated calibre mods

    Evening all! I am after a mod for my new 204 and was wondering if they or who make such mods! Also would like it to be an over barrel ? Thanks stu

  2. #2
    Stu i think it would be a 223 diameter I stand to be corrected
    glad to hear your sorted with a rifle
    regards pete

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    Stu i think it would be a 223 diameter I stand to be corrected glad to hear your sorted with a rifle regards pete
    thanks Pete I went and seen Robert at southfeild, very nice chap would recomend him and brought the 204 you said about! Thanks

  4. #4
    Im pretty sure the DM80 is calibre specific, but its not an overbarrel. He does make overbarrel though.

  5. #5
    you will see more variation between moderator brands than you will between calibre specific mods of the same brand
    buy a decent 6mm-6.5mm bored mod and you will be fine

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    Stu i think it would be a 223 diameter I stand to be corrected
    glad to hear your sorted with a rifle
    regards pete
    It will go bang if it is - most .223 projectiles are actually .224

    IIRC Caliber/re specific mods are usually a few thou (30/40) bigger than the projectile. Not a huge gap (<1mm) and it makes for interesting shooting when the barrel isn't screwcut true as I know from experience.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fcp View Post
    It will go bang if it is - most .223 projectiles are actually .224

    IIRC Caliber/re specific mods are usually a few thou (30/40) bigger than the projectile. Not a huge gap (<1mm) and it makes for interesting shooting when the barrel isn't screwcut true as I know from experience.
    again correct me if I'm wrong but how's a 204 ie 20 cal bigger than a 224 ?
    ​regards pete

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by speedystu View Post
    thanks Pete I went and seen Robert at southfeild, very nice chap would recomend him and brought the 204 you said about! Thanks
    Stu I know the guy that owned the rifle and its as new done nothing let me know if you hand load
    prob be able to get you some load data

    ​regards pete

  9. #9
    Cheers Pete :-) I will be loading as well!

  10. #10
    I have a 20 calibre DM80 moderator on my 204.
    Its an overbarrel model and works very well.
    My mate has a 6.5 calibre mod on his 204 but its a lot louder

Similar Threads

  1. Dedicated Stalking Magazine
    By Mauser 30-06 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 20-12-2012, 18:42
  2. *SOLD* Gen3 6x Dedicated NV Scope
    By camo304 in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 20:50
  3. *SOLD* 4x Raptor dedicated nv scope
    By camo304 in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 07:41
  4. Dedicated deer dogs
    By Tam16 in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 20-02-2012, 23:27
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-07-2010, 17:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •