Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shooting moles

shooting moles

does anybody know when moles are most active. they making a right mess in my small padock not been very sucsesful traping them so am opting for the 410 when is the best time of day

If you have not had much success trapping them , think you will have less trying to shoot them

Have you seen Jasper Carrot and his mole ha ha bazil

I remember (a long time ago) the old man sneaking up to a mole hill in construction with the shotgun (12g), shooting at it and then digging up the dead mole

When I was a lad I once saw a mole come up out of my neighbour's lawn at first light and make for the pond. I shot it with my air rifle as it'd been making a real mess of their garden.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    If you have not had much success trapping them , think you will have less trying to shoot them
    youve seen me shoot aswel

shot plenty as a lad ,take a fork and spread out the freshest looking heaps in the morning ,then around midday, walk up wind ,dont bang your feet down ,then stand around 4 ft away from the heap being worked ,the mole will make around three lifts shoot on the second lift towards the base of the heap ,the dead mole will proberly only have a little blood on its nose no other marks ,the shock must kill them.

Check tide times, hunt moles at high tide.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    shot plenty as a lad ,take a fork and spread out the freshest looking heaps in the morning ,then around midday, walk up wind ,dont bang your feet down ,then stand around 4 ft away from the heap being worked ,the mole will make around three lifts shoot on the second lift towards the base of the heap ,the dead mole will proberly only have a little blood on its nose no other marks ,the shock must kill them.
    cheers bruce