Thread: AW wanted for N. Dorset

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

AW wanted for N. Dorset

For those that don't know I've set myself the task of getting DSC1 & 2 in one year to update my qualifications. Started today and passed shooting and safety Tomorrow it's recognition and multiple guess. I already have the meat regs from 7 years ago!! As soon as I have this is the bag I am going to launch straight into DSC2. I know I'll have to register and will have to find an AW so thought I'd start now.
    I have some of my own ground and have bucks to pull on so, can you assist please.
    Thanks
    Glynn

P.S. I am trying to keep the cost down as I thought I'd done all this with the Advanced NSCC 17 years ago
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Once you register for DSC 2, you will receive a list of AW's in your area. I'll PM you some!
    Who are you doing your DSC 1 with out of interest? Was it cheaper than BDS?
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 27-04-2013 at 22:11.

Blog Entries
    Ah, this is the bit that sucks.
    In the end I booked with the BDS. It was a time thing, wanting to just get on. Despite an extremely generous offer from Mike @ Jelen and then my best efforts to cancel the course, the paperwork had gone and I just had to suck it up. So any moralistic stance I was taking with the BDS was completely blown out the window, much to my shame and embarassment.
    However I did get a refund of £25 from them when I explained that I had done my meat and game regs in 2006 and have an NGO number
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Ah well, no shame in wanting to get it sorted. Your views may even change on completion!
    Good luck with your assessments.
    MS.

Blog Entries
    I'll put my helmet on now ....
    but I still do not think that DSC1 should be be a precursor to getting a gun. It should be the precursor to getting a license !! DSC2 should be when your allowed out on your own.
    I'll take cover now

Pm Benc mate
    ​atb Steve