Wanted: US Rockie's, Wyoming, Idaho !!

greenhillstairs

Hi;

My 13yr old son and I have a Motorhome trip booked for mid august. We pick up in Denver and head up towards Mt Rushmore looping back round via Yellowstone and down again in due course to Denver. Our itinery is of course flexible, this is merely a rough plan.I did something similar many years ago with his elder sister via Salt lake city. My lad as "pecked" my head since seeing the photos of the trip, so I've bitten the bullet so to speak and the flights and motorhome are now booked.

Whilst Rugby is my son's passion, he is not adverse to a walk out with his old chap, be it with Rod or rifle in hand. I would be very greatful for any information or recommendations of were I might get the oppurtunity to do a bit of hunting with the rifle, likewise any guided Trout fishing. As far as the hunting go's to be honest, i'm not really bothered as to what is available, just being out and about trying my hand at something new in that lovely part of the world would be welcome, very much the experiance more then anything else. This is of course a Dad and lad Holiday, not a out and out feild sports trip. However we have 11 days to fill and if en-route there are oppurtunitys, then I would be very interested. My thoughts are as well as useing the traditional KOA type campsites, maybe calling in at any Ranch operations. Open to any ideas or suggestions. My last visit was pre internet boom, so we merely mapped out the journey and "Winged" it as we went along. Here's hoping someone reads this and can provide a few pointers to make the trip that bit more enjoyable and memorable. Thanking You for any information or advice in advance, Steve.

Really easy to get a license over the internet that entitles you through the BATF website form 6 to bring in your firearm. You just need to pick the right public land tract you want to hunt over.
Muir have you any sugestions for him? thanks. I am stuck in India so no hunting for me till next year.
Martin

Really easy to get a license over the internet that entitles you through the BATF website form 6 to bring in your firearm. You just need to pick the right public land tract you want to hunt over.
Muir have you any sugestions for him? thanks. I am stuck in India so no hunting for me till next year.
Martin
Thanks for the input Bavarian, however only looking at the odd day's hunt and a few days fishing. Therefore i wont be looking to bring my own rifle. I'm kinder hoping for an offer from an out-fitter or similar, of which they provide the rifle and ammo. Much appreciated never the less.

The fishing around Yellowstone is fabulous, the rivers are beautiful and full of fish. I just bought day tickets from the local petrol station. Yellowstone town has 2 or 3 shops offerung guided fishing. Enjoy.
Tusker

I think Tusker means West Yellowstone town, you can hire equipment there as well as a guide, pop these co-ords into google earth, not far from 'West' and cracking fishing on the bank opposite side of the road, but too be honest as Tusker said the rivers are full of fish. 44°39'35.59"N 110°57'41.31"W tie on a hopper and fish it like this guy, or even hire him, if you havent seen this clip before you will love it
Cheers
Richard

I think Tusker means West Yellowstone town, you can hire equipment there as well as a guide, pop these co-ords into google earth, not far from 'West' and cracking fishing on the bank opposite side of the road, but too be honest as Tusker said the rivers are full of fish. 44°39'35.59"N 110°57'41.31"W tie on a hopper and fish it like this guy, or even hire him, if you havent seen this clip before you will love it
Cheers
Richard

Thanks for this. Really enjoyed it.

Cheers
Richard
Ha!!! First oppurtunity to see this, thanks very much for the input richard, and sharing! Regards; Steve.

Back