Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5x55 Bullet tips SOUTH WALES

6.5x55 Bullet tips SOUTH WALES

Hoping some of you reloaders may have bullet tips 100 to 130 gr that I could purchase a sample of. Just to load test and see what the barrel likes before I buy a complete box.
    Nosler hunting and Hornady SST I had in mind but not a problem if something different.
    Pm me if you think you can help.
    Thanks for reading.

Come on guys he's only looking for the tips of bullets. Some of you must have some plastic tips that have fallen off ballistic tip bullets hanging around.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Yet another thread where the thread is ruined by people having a go because the wrong name is used, it's obvious what he is after. Getting very boring now IMO

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Come on guys he's only looking for the tips of bullets. Some of you must have some plastic tips that have fallen off ballistic tip bullets hanging around.
    Now now boys be "nice"
    123 and 140 grn A max available of required
    Last edited by remmy700; 28-04-2013 at 19:16.
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

Tomm, You just sank my pike bung!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My daughter rekons it won't be long before you can put the crayons down and move on to pencils Saddler.
    Although we suspect some level of help from a grown up it does clearly state the tip of that round is a bullet. Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by TIKKA .223 View Post
    Hoping some of you reloaders may have bullet tips 100 to 130 gr that I could purchase a sample of. Just to load test and see what the barrel likes before I buy a complete box.
    Nosler hunting and Hornady SST I had in mind but not a problem if something different.
    Pm me if you think you can help.
    Thanks for reading.
    Tikka .223 I use Hornady soft point 140grn which are more than adequate with minimal meat damage, I personally don't think ballistic tipped bullets are necessary. You will find many people recommend 140grn bullets for 6.5x55, they certainly seem to go very well in my Sako which has the same barrel as a Tikka.

has anyone used the bullets without the tips
    cheers lister

Quote Originally Posted by photopro View Post
    Tikka .223 I use Hornady soft point 140grn which are more than adequate with minimal meat damage, I personally don't think ballistic tipped bullets are necessary. You will find many people recommend 140grn bullets for 6.5x55, they certainly seem to go very well in my Sako which has the same barrel as a Tikka.
    Nice one fella, cheers for the heads up on that. Will look a bit deeper