Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which 1 7

which 1 7

After 20 years with the 22 rimfire its time to up grade so the 17 hmr is on the cards. But are there any 17 hybrids that may be a better choice . It will be mainly used on long range rabbits and the ood fox cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by fox slayer View Post
    After 20 years with the 22 rimfire its time to up grade so the 17 hmr is on the cards. But are there any 17 hybrids that may be a better choice . It will be mainly used on long range rabbits and the ood fox cheers guys
    Have you searched the site for posts about problems with the HMR?~Muir

i'am selling mine due to essex will not come in to the 21st centry for short range fox so it no good for me, so its going full setup sako quad sin/ blue standard barrel / atac mod /mounts /10shot and 5 shot mags, scope by arrangement just around one year old still got 500 of the 750 hornady rounds in got at time of buying . i love me .22 CZ so .17 hmr gets no use pm it you fancy some pix
    paul

How about the Anschutz I have for sale?

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...tor-and-mounts

I'm down the road from you near Banbury.

Up grade????

Not sure that that's the best way to describe moving from .22LR to .17HMR

add a 17 but i wouldnt replace 22 for 17. i did a few years ago and i recently got another 22 as its better for lamping rabbits in my opinion. both have their place.

I own am 17 HMR and I'd not inflict it on my worst enemy. The ammo is 'king awful and inconsistent: I've measured most brands.

hi get a 22 hornet or 17 remy:-

Rule no 1 always have a .22 lr in your armoury no matter what..17S if you can/want 2 reload get a 17 rem never look back....

I bought my .17 hmr cz 452 American last month, despite some people arguing that it has problems and is unreliable. I am so glad I did not listen to them. I have put around 100 rounds through it, no problems whatsoever. I am very impressed. Extremely accurate (150 yards) and a joy to shoot. Oh, and the trigger, unlike other people's experience is great. I will not be going for a trigger kit. I do not need one!