Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An awesome evening

An awesome evening

So I get the call today from a local landowner saying that he's been seeing two bucks on his ground and he's about to put cattle on all of it and they won't be seen until the beasts come off in late October . So off I went for a cracking couple of stalks . Caught up with one six pointer after about an hours stalk on my belly in a hay meadow . Young buck and although he's a six pointer ( just) he was a very poor buck and in bad condition .

The second I saw as I walked back to the land rover , I upped him but he ran along a valley and I moved to take a neck shot . Couldn't believe it ! 7 pointer !

.243 did good !

Also saw a lot of does .
    all in a fantastic day . And the best head of this ground yet !

Please before anyone posts saying I shouldn't take them both before the rut . This is the last time I will see these until early November when they will obviously be out of season . This piece of land is surrounded by over 4000 acres which the people who lamp with me will vouch - holds some fantastic heads .

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post

Please before anyone posts saying I shouldn't take them both before the rut . This is the last time I will see these until early November when they will obviously be out of season . This piece of land is surrounded by over 4000 acres which the people who lamp with me will vouch - holds some fantastic heads .

sounds like a good do. I wouldnt worry what anyone else thinks.

Great stuff mate!
    I'm in almost exactly the same position as you on a few of my permissions, with the either shoot them April or late October and I've managed 2 nice 6 pointers in the last couple outings.

Well done Sir, and good shooting
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Well done Sir, and good shooting
    thanks Peter ! Ill mail you an update this week !

​Reassuring to hear other people in the same boat as me !

Well Done! Lovely 7 pointer!

​ATB Brent

WELL DONE .You need to take them when you can if you dont somebody else will if their on there land
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Well done it does not matter what anyone else thinks its your ground and only you knows how to manage it. As for the .243 it is a good round no matter what people say on here. Hope you have a few more before the cattle are grazing the land.

Jimbo

Well done, well done!
    The 7 pointer looks pretty big to me, great looking head!
    Congratulations!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Well done mate, great shooting and fantastic start to the year... ("perfectly developed rounds" I may add - hahah)...
    Conservation biology is the scientific study of biodiversity with the aim of protecting species, their habitats, and ecosystems from excessive rates of extinction and the erosion of biotic interactions. Hunting advocates that hunting is necessary component of modern wildlife management, for example to help maintain a population of healthy animals within an environment's ecological carrying capacity.