Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are these any good

are these any good

do they do the job or are they just a gimmick 308 243 Cartridge Laser Bore Sighter/ .243 .308 Laser Bore Sight UK Seller | eBay. i had one that slotted in the end of the barrel for rimis but i wasnt very impressed as the dot was massive at 60 yards and covered 3 mill dots at 6x zoom.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Laser bore sighters are not supposed to be used at 60yds!!
    They are merely a way of approximately seeing if you are on target. They save on ammunition in the initial process of getting on the target.
    Shove it in the barrel, get the cross hairs in the centre of the dot at 15 or 20m and then finish off with proper zeroing
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Dont wast ylur money they are a waste of money
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have one of these and it helped me a lot. Others do not find them that helpful.

Just bore sight, easy and no money wasted.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Just bore sight, easy and no money wasted.
    ^ +1.

I really can't see the point. Its so easy to bore sight and get on paper at 25 or 50 yds, then zero as normal, it might save you 3 rounds....

interesting comments and the pross and cons are prety much equal so think i might get one as its always handy to have in the bag, cheers all

bore sighting is just as effective at getting you onto paper and cost less. If it is a red laser, you will have issues seeing it in daylight anyway and they are either cheap with the quality issues that carries or pricey compared to bore sightiing. On the flip side, if it is chambered, then you do not run the risk of leaving it in the end of the barrel and chasing it out woth a live round which happens from time to time.

I think bore sighting is no disadvantage and I would rather spend the money on ammo or other kit

I bought a Bushnell.... Popped it in the barrel, held it reasonably tight against the crown whilst twisting and and it gave a 10" circle on the wall the other side of the room!

Sent it back for a refund the next day.

Say no more.

Atb
    Fizz