Thread: mod/silencer for a tikka t3 270

mod/silencer for a tikka t3 270

right lads i,m looking for a mod for my 270 what would use recomend for the 270
    want a over the barrel mod

SD Regular
    ATEC Maxim seems a good bet if you can get hold of one - much lighter than some of the others on the market. Go PES if you want ultimate noise suppression.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

without doubt hardy ring riflecraft or visit website

i,ve just had a wee gander on the site . pretty dam smart but expensive .do u use one off these roedeered

Issues for me are :
    weight : not so much of an issue for me
    recoil absorbtion : this is a big factor for me - anything that tames the shot and aids accuracy is a big plus
    reflex with bush or bushless end of barrel. I have a personal dislike of reflex styles with bushing that mark the barrel. My ASE Utra is superb.
    complexity V's simplicity : more complex designs and multi modular systems do not really mean the mod is better. Sometimes KISS is a GOOD thing
    strippable isnt always a good thing : it has its pluses but as many minus points. Just another thing to go tits up or seize or damage
    burning out : this is a consideration especially on some cans/material combinations
    Material/s - Ally to Steel to Titanium : How much money do you want to spend.
    cost V's performance : Well this is down to the buyer at the end of the day. I do beleive in buying the best you can afford except for rimmie where i dont think anything more than a SAK is really worth it
    compact std or buffalo club : Size.........hmm. I shoot the Jet Z - it is hardly big and tames the .308. Some mods start to get get a bit "big" which no real perveivable reduction in noise moderation or recoil absorbtion

Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    right lads i,m looking for a mod for my 270 what would use recomend for the 270
    want a over the barrel mod
    Have a word with Karl (07725 440 252) of Dave Mercer,s DM80 fame, really nicely engineered, efficient and not too heavy... cost just 230 delivered and made to order. I have recently bought one for my Tikka Lite .270 and very pleased with it.

Regards WB

I love my spartan moderator made by Third eye tactical. Have a look on their website. ATB 1995rs

thanks for the reply,s lads i,ve very greatfull . in the cost part off it i,ll pay what i have to pay at the end off the day i,ll need one . i do have a t8 for my 223 but don,t want one for my 270 as i,ve heard horror story,s about them rusting from the inside out .so want to get something better but needs to be over barrel for me .

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Have a word with Karl (07725 440 252) of Dave Mercer,s DM80 fame, really nicely engineered, efficient and not too heavy... cost just 230 delivered and made to order. I have recently bought one for my Tikka Lite .270 and very pleased with it.

Regards WB
    hi budy . i hope u don,t mind me asking u a few more questions about your mod . how long have u had it and have u had any issue,s with it .