Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ziess Victory RF's

Ziess Victory RF's

As anybody gone and got a mortgage and bought a pair of the above 8x45 .
    I use a normal pair of 7x42 slc swarovsky's but fancy the range finder option.
    Just wondring if any of you have them and would recommend trading them in.

Martin

bino's

Try to have look at a pair of 10x42 Geovid's before you take the plunge, I won't go through the door without mine!

Re: Ziess Victory RF's

Quote Originally Posted by martinl
    As anybody gone and got a mortgage and bought a pair of the above 8x45 .
    I use a normal pair of 7x42 slc swarovsky's but fancy the range finder option.
    Just wondring if any of you have them and would recommend trading them in.

Martin
    Yes i have.
    i have had swaro new and old L/ geovids and the Zeiss blow them away.
    the rang finder is the best i have used. and the bins are as good as any i have used and i have owed them all.
    go to a shop and have a look through a good few sets and see which ones suit your eyes as it is a big investment.
    i swapped my geovids for the Zeiss in a heart beat the difference is massive.

ATB
    Cam

I secont that, Zeiss has way better optics than Leica Geovid

Oh dear, these aren't the answers I wanted to hear, spose its not long till Chrimbo.
    Do people give gifts for Bonfire night?

A friend , who isn't thight on money , is a real optics fanatic .
    He has all top of the range scopes and binoculars .
    Swarovski LRS , all top class Zeiss scopes , a pair of Zeiss 20x60 binoculars ( stabilizing view ) , etc ..........
    He uses them on .22 Hornet and .222 rifles to shoot crows , magpies , ...

He tells me that the Zeiss optics are always better and brighter than the other brands .
    Zeiss on the other hand , have a bad reputation for aftersales service .
    Swarovski seem to have the BEST aftersales service .

Has anybody used Zeiss conquest binoculars ? I think about buying a pair of 8x30 or 8x40 binoculars .

Zeiss Optics

Hey chaps

New on here, so be gentle!!

(IMHO)

Zeiss Optics are the best available optics, full stop. End ex.

The transmission rates in their binoculars are second to none. (In some tests I was shown 'Masters of marketing' Swarofski out of interest came 4th i think!!!!!). Same with scopes. Just look at the reviews in the mags. The only optics that come close to Zeiss are the Schmidts.

I have a pair of their rangefinders and they are ace!! Leica make a very good RF as well but superior optics, the ballistic calc and the one touch ranging button give them the advantage, for similiar money. Also the laser RF is integrated inside the rubber housing as opposed to the Leica's which is placed on the back of the unit so any drops or knocks protect the laser!!

As far as service goes, all of the top brands provide excellent service. Although I must admit I read Leica has gone downhill of late. Then again the odd disgrundled customer is bound to happen with the numbers of repairs these companies must deal with.

My pennies worth.....Zeiss everytime.

Avo

I have a pair of 10x45 RFs, and they are the dogs danglies. The optics are bright and crisp and the range finder is super fast.

I hope I never have to choose between my bins and my old lady.

Ziess Bino's and Scope

Hi,

I have ziess Conquest 8 x 42 Bino's and I have to say they are great even at the lowest of light.

I have also replaced the crap S&M with Victory Diavari 6x24x56 and they are simply ACE. Also havs second image plain and they can retro fit most thnings to them including illuminated Rectle!!

Eye relief is second to none and I wouldn't part with them for the world.

Service, no issues. I dropped my Bino and snapped the strap mount. Sent them off to be repaired came back 3 days later, no invoice no charge!!

Take the plunge you'll never look back.

Regards
    Colin

This is all sounding very positive.
    Thanks for the replies so far.