Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Hi All

Hi fellow SD members.

A quick introduction from me. I began stalking this year in February. I have stalked only in the Warwickshire area to date with a qualified instructor. In the Warwickshire estate there is roe, fallow and muntjac. I have learnt and awful lot and this weekend also passed my DSC1 in the Wellington test centre with the BDS. All of the assessors were top guys and would recommend this test centre.

I am hoping to get some more stalks under my belt and then start working towards the DSC2.

My gun of choice is a Steyr Pro Varmint .308 which I chose for the heavy fluted barrel as I also do a fair amount of range shooting.

Well that's me.

Cheers

Pricey

Pricey,

Welcome to SD, alot of help and usefull info on here. Do you ever use Barry Tunnel? if so we may have met. Also if you fancy stalking in Herefordshire, we've got Fallow, Roe and munty.

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Pricey,

Welcome to SD, alot of help and usefull info on here. Do you ever use Barry Tunnel? if so we may have met. Also if you fancy stalking in Herefordshire, we've got Fallow, Roe and munty.

Ade
    Hi Ade

Keen to get as much experience as possible mate, closer the better! The ground I have been using is very good, 10,000 acres with lots of seats spread around, good vehicle access to all areas and Simon who runs it is a top bloke with loads of knowledge. That said, nearly 2 hours drive each way and an overnight before for an early start makes it a bit expensive!

This may sound daft but will answer your question, 'is Barry Tunnel a person or a route through an obstruction'?!

​pricey

Barry Tunnel, 8 lane 200 meter indoor range situated on Barry Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Tunnel, 8 lane 200 meter indoor range situated on Barry Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! No, thought about joining there, I use Severnside near the Severn Bridge. Indoor sounds good, no weather problems!

Open from 10:00 - 20:00 Wed, 10:00 - 18:00 Sat and 10:00 - 16:00 Sun, shop on site aswell.

Open from 10:00 - 20:00 Wed, 10:00 - 18:00 Sat and 10:00 - 16:00 Sun, shop on site aswell.
    Could you send me some contact details for the range or the manager? Expensive to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
    Could you send me some contact details for the range or the manager? Expensive to join?
    Hi Pricy
    Barry Tunnel tel No 01446 746375

regards
    ajr

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    Hi Pricy
    Barry Tunnel tel No 01446 746375

regards
    ajr