Thread: Deer stalking experience

Deer stalking experience

I am considering taking up deer stalking but would like some help and advice from an expert before I commit fully. I would be happy to tag along to learn and ask questions etc. I have held a shotgun licence for many years, have done lots of rough shooting and driven game birds.I have had a couple of paid stalking days in Hampshire but would like to try somewhere locally. The way I see it is that I can't get my firearms licence unless I have land to shoot on. The trouble is I don't have the land or know where to begin.
    I live in Daventry Northants and happy to commute half hour or so.
    Thanks.

Im sure someone on here will be able to help you and i wish you luck in your search to find stalking within 30 min of your home. when i started stalking i would travel 6 to 9 hours to get any experience and was very grateful to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin23 View Post
    The way I see it is that I can't get my firearms licence unless I have land to shoot on. The trouble is I don't have the land or know where to begin.
    Thanks.
    Not true robin23, many stalkers have an FAC without their own land to shoot over and just go on the odd paid for guided stalk as you have done before.

i think you will need to follow site rules though before you go further and post a formal introduction, you've pretty much done one with this post but you had better do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin23 View Post
    I am considering taking up deer stalking but would like some help and advice from an expert before I commit fully. I would be happy to tag along to learn and ask questions etc. I have held a shotgun licence for many years, have done lots of rough shooting and driven game birds.I have had a couple of paid stalking days in Hampshire but would like to try somewhere locally. The way I see it is that I can't get my firearms licence unless I have land to shoot on. The trouble is I don't have the land or know where to begin.
    Thanks.
    It would be helpfull if you put an introduction about yourself in the relevant section of the site. You would have had an Email pointing this out to you. I would be grateful if you could attend to this first before making further posts or requests on the site.

Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.