Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sold Carcass ?

Sold Carcass ?

I dont shoot many deer thought the season but when my freezer is full i have spare carcass having given away in the past a mate of mine said he'd sell for me cause he sell,s his to a game dealer in cardiff,what price should i expect and is it ok to do this?.

price for venison

I am in norfolk and I buy from individuals price depend on species 2.00kg for red fallow 2.50 for roe and 1.50kg for muntjac I would point out these prices are high anything above 1.30kg for red and fallow above 1.80kg for roe and above 80p for muntjac is good. don't forget you need your large game certificate if you sell or give away venison to freinds and you need to be registered with your local authority as a food bussiness to keep with in the law, if you not selling to an approved licenced dealer these normally give a lower rate then above and you must then give him the whole animal guts as well for inspection.

Re: price for venison

Quote Originally Posted by NORFOLKWILDMEATS
    , if you not selling to an approved licenced dealer these normally give a lower rate then above and you must then give him the whole animal guts as well for inspection.
    Pluck yes, intestines etc NO.

sold carcass ?

thanks for the infro,i always thought you didn't have to have game certif if you gave it away.If you have game certif do you have to have some sort of place where you dress it ?.

By rights if you're putting carcases into the food chain the dealer should be recording your Trained Hunters number - either the Large Game you get with DSC1 or the wider Game Meat Handling certificate. Not all seem to, mind

carcass

If the dealer is approved then you don't need a hunter certificate sorry when I said guts I was talking about pluck not the stomach and this is the only time you don't need to be registered with your local council as a food company if you do give it away you need to register with council and they need to approve the place fit for the work you will be carrying out and your hunter certificatees then you can only trade within 30 miles of the company or next district. there are a lot of people trading which don't do the above but I can asure you if any thing goes wrong the person who shot it will get prosecuted as they put it in the food chain in the first place.

Re: carcass

If the dealer is approved then you don't need a hunter certificate and this is the only time you don't need to be registered with your local council as a food company if you do give it away you need to register with council and they need to approve the place fit for the work you will be carrying out and your hunter certificatees then you can only trade within 30 miles of the company or next district. there are a lot of people trading which don't do the above but I can asure you if any thing goes wrong the person who shot it will get prosecuted as they put it in the food chain in the first place.
    I think you might be a little confused there mate. You do need to be registered to supply a AGHE and sign a declaration. It's all here in a table on page 4, box 3:
    http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pd...guidejun09.pdf

CARCASS

YER I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. ACCORDING TO THE DI AND A COURSE I WENT ON WHEN I WAS TOLD IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HUNTERS CERTIFICATE THEN YOU CAN ONLY SUPPLY AN APPROVED GAME HANDLER AS THEY HAVE VETS ON SITE TO INSPECT THE CARCASS PLUCK AND ORGANS AND YOU HAVE TO PROVID WHEN AND WERE YOU SHOT IT WHERE AS A GAME DEALER DOES NOT HAVE A VET ON SITE DID NOT WITNESS THE ANIMAL ALIVE IS NOT IN A POSITION TO SAY IF IT IS FIT OR NOT. THERE IS ALSO THE PART THAT IF YOU PROCESS LESS THEN 5 DEER IN 5 WEEKS YOU ARE NOT A FOOD BUSINESS BUT IF YOU SPEAK TO THE COUNCIL YOU STILL HAVE TO BE REGISITERED WITH THEM, WELL WITH MINE YOU DO.
    IF I AM WRONG THEN SORRY BUT I HAVE SPOKEN TO 3 DIFFERENT GROUPS AND THEY ALL SAY THE SAME SORT OF THING THE ONLY THING THAT WORRIES ME IS UNCHECKED MEAT STILL ENDS UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN WHICH NEEDS TO STOP. THE BEST THING I IS ANY ONE SELLING OR GIVING AWAY GAME NEEDS TO BE QUALIFIED END OF.

Re: CARCASS

YER I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. ACCORDING TO THE DI AND A COURSE I WENT ON WHEN I WAS TOLD IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HUNTERS CERTIFICATE THEN YOU CAN ONLY SUPPLY AN APPROVED GAME HANDLER AS THEY HAVE VETS ON SITE TO INSPECT THE CARCASS PLUCK AND ORGANS AND YOU HAVE TO PROVID WHEN AND WERE YOU SHOT IT WHERE AS A GAME DEALER DOES NOT HAVE A VET ON SITE DID NOT WITNESS THE ANIMAL ALIVE IS NOT IN A POSITION TO SAY IF IT IS FIT OR NOT. THERE IS ALSO THE PART THAT IF YOU PROCESS LESS THEN 5 DEER IN 5 WEEKS YOU ARE NOT A FOOD BUSINESS BUT IF YOU SPEAK TO THE COUNCIL YOU STILL HAVE TO BE REGISITERED WITH THEM, WELL WITH MINE YOU DO.
    IF I AM WRONG THEN SORRY BUT I HAVE SPOKEN TO 3 DIFFERENT GROUPS AND THEY ALL SAY THE SAME SORT OF THING THE ONLY THING THAT WORRIES ME IS UNCHECKED MEAT STILL ENDS UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN WHICH NEEDS TO STOP. THE BEST THING I IS ANY ONE SELLING OR GIVING AWAY GAME NEEDS TO BE QUALIFIED END OF.
    no need to shout as we are all only tryin to help
    but you hav missed out one important critreia
    the feet as they will also need to be examined

sold carass?

Wow amazing what you can learn i think i'll just stick to eating them its a lot easier lol.Thanks all for infro