Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC Condition allowing stalking on unpassed land under Supervision

FAC Condition allowing stalking on unpassed land under Supervision

I am hoping to add a condition to my (closed) certificate that allows me to shoot on unpassed land under the supervision of an open ticket holder.

I have had a very useful exchange with Ferretmanabu who has managed to achieve this with Gloucestershire police, and I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has managed this in different parts of the country.

Thanks a lot chaps

so applying for a mentoring condition?

Yes but only as it relates to land that has not been passed for stalking by the police, not in relation to land that has been deemed fit by the chief constable as I am already able to stalk unaccompanied - I hope this makes sense!

Why not insist on them passing the land, or giving you a open cert, how do you know the
    land is not passed

Thanks Taff - the land definitely hasn't been passed as my friend is the only person to have stalked on it, and as it is several small pieces it would be a struggle to get it passed - I have asked for an open ticket but that's not going to happen for a while as although I have had an FAC before it was a while ago and so isn't being seen as 'accumulated experience' - I have drafted a letter requesting the extra condition and was interested if others had been successful as it could strengthen my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post
    Thanks Taff - the land definitely hasn't been passed as my friend is the only person to have stalked on it, and as it is several small pieces it would be a struggle to get it passed - I have asked for an open ticket but that's not going to happen for a while as although I have had an FAC before it was a while ago and so isn't being seen as 'accumulated experience' - I have drafted a letter requesting the extra condition and was interested if others had been successful as it could strengthen my argument.

And why would you having had an fac previously not be taken into consideration,.... has your experience suddenly evaporated into the ether?... is it like those builders passes that "run out"???????????????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Cant see any problem with what your aiming to achieve..

If its really small pieces of land they may insist on high seats.

Fair play, be lucky
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

now can someone please tell me what would be the correct wording for an open ticket should be . as it seams to be different dependant on your police force. this is very confusing for novice fac holders . like the wording in one of the posts its passed for deer stalking / and or deemed fit by the chief constable

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    now can someone please tell me what would be the correct wording for an open ticket should be . as it seams to be different dependant on your police force. this is very confusing for novice fac holders . like the wording in one of the posts its passed for deer stalking / and or deemed fit by the chief constable
    ndt man

Take a look at the very top sticky in this section

Should have all the answers there

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

west mercia do add this, which is worded like this 'whilst under supervision of an experienced rifle and full bore rifle shooter or land deemed suitable by the cheif officcer of police'.
    I know a few people who have this condition
    atb
    simon