Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: barrel shine...

barrel shine...

Hi.....As it was a nice night last night i thought i would take out the .17hmr cz452 stainless with a hawke varmint ll....i was getting alot of glare in the scope from the barrel so i have orderd a sunshade....now im thinking of getting it camo painted or wrapped,,,,, anybody know of any local to northeast who can do this as im not the best at DIY and im not wanting to post the rifle...cheers

ebay search for sniper tape , stick it along the top of your barrel , voila !

Although it is very handy im not a fan off sniper tape...would pref a more prof finish...mate

could give the weldon gun room a try i know the do refurbs / repairs etc near Longframlington
    D

The weldon is the shop i go to mostly...infact i bought the rifle from them and just last week they tunned the trigger but not sure if they coat rifles...i will ask on sat if i pop in .....infact will phone them later....

Have you looked at the cloth self amalgamating tape by Jack Pyke?

Easy to put on and remove, and leaves no marks.

Get yourself a small length of small size tubogrip bandage and you can get cheap fabric dye to make it camo/dark colored - this will then slide over the barrel and mod and stop any glare.

Regards,
    ​gixer

Not a racist remark. The one show had colour coordinated bandages, Elastoplast etc for he ethnic communities. It was a new line because white and cream does not suit all skin tones. Maybe there is a dark tubing grip?
    co

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Hi.....As it was a nice night last night i thought i would take out the .17hmr cz452 stainless with a hawke varmint ll....i was getting alot of glare in the scope from the barrel so i have orderd a sunshade....now im thinking of getting it camo painted or wrapped,,,,, anybody know of any local to northeast who can do this as im not the best at DIY and im not wanting to post the rifle...cheers
    Shut your eyes when you shoot! oh thats right you do that anyway lol