my introduction

jsimpson

Hi,

I have just joined the stalking directory and would like to introduce myself. I am an amateur stalker and a vet. I have a strong interest in deer diseases in Scottish wild deer. If anyone sees any deer with abnormalities I would be very interested to see some pictures and if possible give you some advice on what you have found.

I forgot to welcome JCS,s friend & Vet to this site, it is truly friendly, informative, and above all at this time it is free, however I do suggest that once a year we all make a donation to a nominated charity, I did suggest this to JAYB at the Kelso Fair, John, is that possible? we shooters are sometimes seen as Paryahs of society, and it would be nice to help a sick child to fulfill an ambition

I noticed a post on the forum from a stalker in the Campbelltown area asking for information about a very small red calf he had shot. Well I can tell you that this is very likely to be what is called a chondrodysplasia calf. It is a hereditory condition and there is only one other confirmed report of a similar calf which was written up in the Veterinary Record Journal by myself in 2012. Interestingly it was also shot in Argyll. So it seems there are red hinds carrying the genes for this condition in that area. If anyone is interest I have attached an image of the one I was involved with

Back