Swarovski SLC 8x42 WB HD?

White Hart

Hi all

Im after your thoughts on a pair of Swarovski SLC 8x42 WB HD I've got my eye on. I've been after a quality pair of bins for a while and thought of these. I do mostly woodland stalking / field margins etc. How do they shape up anyone got a pair and would like to share there thoughts? How's the light gathering at dusk? Also what are the main differances between a set of EL's apart from £500 more expensive?

Your thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

WH

Can't help you with the SLC's got a pair of second hand EL's from Macleod's 8.5x42 more than happy with them,they have 2 pairs up for sale at the moment if they are of any interest to you for £550 and £695 lot cheaper than new but with a few scuffs.
Find the 8.5 good compromise for the mainly woodland and last year did a bit on the hill they had no issues,if I was mainly hill stalking then would have gone for the 10x.
Mine had a slight rattle on the focus mechanism sent back to Swarovski repaired FOC look almost like new.
Sorry if this just muddies the waters.
​Dave

I'd phone them NOW as those are good prices. I've just sold a set of EL 10x42 made in '99 for £750...

Iain think someone got a bargin there as when I was looking they were all selling around £1000,
bought mine from Macleod's rated as a 7 they cost me nearly £800, more than happy with them :D
which is less than half price.Very light scratch to one lens but not visible in use and certainly not detrimental.
Also bought a 6x42 nova from Gregor for £130 so that's quality glass, scope and bino's for under a grand.

Iain think someone got a bargin there as when I was looking they were all selling around £1000,
bought mine from Macleod's rated as a 7 they cost me nearly £800, more than happy with them :D
which is less than half price.Very light scratch to one lens but not visible in use and certainly not detrimental.
Also bought a 6x42 nova from Gregor for £130 so that's quality glass, scope and bino's for under a grand.

Dave, it's what I paid for them 10 months ago, so happy to get my money back to fund some EL-R 10x42. They just seem to hit a price point and hold there forever!! Fantastic binos

White hart.
i have had swarovski binoculars for many years, I bit the bullet and got myself the 8x42slc HDs. WOW totally amazing crystal clear an suck light in like a budgie with no teeth.

Cheers lads

I'm in a lucky position really that I get part of my bonus from work in "love to shop" retail vouchers the only problem being unless you want to spend it all in Matalan or B&Q your stuffed, we'll evidently I can spend them on Amazon... and it just so happens there's a few for sale on there... So I was thinking of getting one that way.

I once compared the 8x42HD SLCs against the Swarovision ELs and thought the SLCs were brighter and clearer.

Thanks for the help and advise guys they arrived yesterday and yes there good! I hope they last a long long time as I dont intend spending that amount of money on bins again!

Cheers

WH

Back