Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suffolk Variation

Suffolk Variation

Anyone know how long Suffolk Constabulary are taking with Variations at the moment?

Shouldn't take long for just a variation as long as you aren't asking for the earth! The FEO will give you a good idea. I once got one done in a day!
    MS

Mine took about a month back in feb, they have merged Suffolk and Norfolk depts so have got to re-cover a lot of old ground that you would have given them already to merge their data. Expect a visit from the feo, cheers.

My last variation a couple of months back took 3 days from posting to see my FEO, then another 5 days to get the certificate back.

Very prompt!

Recent experience of the Norfolk team, now amalgamated with Suffolk, was about ten days. They seem very helpful when approached .

You chaps need to move to Wiltshire, the team there are outstanding, went in there yesterday for a variation, they did it in 15 minutes on the spot and I was out there in 30 minutes after having a brew! Now that is outstanding service!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunpilot View Post
    You chaps need to move to Wiltshire, the team there are outstanding, went in there yesterday for a variation, they did it in 15 minutes on the spot and I was out there in 30 minutes after having a brew! Now that is outstanding service!!
    Surely you are taking the p1ss, are you not?

Mine went off to Suffolk yesterday for a variation, i will let you know how long it takes.

​Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    Surely you are taking the p1ss, are you not?
    Nope! I once took mine in the day before New Year's Eve and they did it whilst I waited- 30mins max!

I made sure I got everything I needed on my ticket before I moved to Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Gunpilot View Post
    Funny you should say that. My son lives in Wiltshire and keeps nibbling away at his ma that we should move there and buy a big house together.

I have no recent experience to add on the Suffolk system post amalgamation with Norfolk. I did once, back in the mid-80's see a bumper sticker "Yew won't hurry me I'm from Suffolk". I don't imagine that it belonged to any of the fine upstanding professionals operating out of Martlesham Force HQ.