Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Photon availability

Yukon Photon availability

Hello all,

Since receiving unconfirmed reports yesterday surrounding the availability of the new Yukon Photon I have since spoken to the owner of Thomas Jacks (UK distributor) again this morning with news that doesn't make for good reading, in fact itís terrible. Thomas Jacks, ourselves and all the other UK dealers for that matter who have orders placed for the new photon have been left high and dry.. We will now not see this product for some considerable time and there is even a question mark as to whether or not the 5x mag version is ever going to be produced. Weíve been told that the 3.5x mag version is being prioritised is going to be produced, but when, we simply donít know and neither does Thomas Jacks. Thomas Jacks have not seen a pre production model of the 3.5x version and neither do they know what price it will be.
    The fact that makes this situation even worse is that neither Thomas Jacks and subsequently us were not made aware of the situation until the 11th hour.. We are gutted to say the least and even more so for our customers who have been waiting patiently.

We will of course be contacting all our customers who have paid a deposit for a photon on the first batch of 25 units in order to refund them. For what it's worth I apologise for this, but as youíll probably appreciate we are absolutely powerless to do anything about it.

We have a list of numbers to phone, but feel free to call if we donít manage to get in contact with you today. We are a man down at the moment and with the busy workload we may struggle to get back to everybody today.

Best regards,

Cowan Scott
    Managing Director
    Scott Country International (p.s. Paul my colleague is probably monitoring the forum from home as he is currently on paternity leave)

Hello all.

Yes I am at home as wife just had a baby, and is herself just had an operation, so have been answering PM's and threads where I can, so feel free to message on forum of course and I will reply as and when.

Alternatively a member of our sales team will be on hand as usual 9-5pm.

Regards

Paul Stewart
    "Off Duty" Sales Manager

Yes, I think Ashley Beard is a bit pi55ed off about the whole thing...

UPDATE: Just off the phone to Martin from Thomas Jacks again, and the picture has changed yet again.. Thomas Jacks have had confirmation from Pulsar that they will indeed be producing the 5x42 version of the Photon for the UK market. We don't know more than that, but we will update you all pending more information from TJ.
    Obviously the big question is when.. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Cowan Scott

And there's me just sent an almost abusive email to Yukon !

SD Regular
    I appreciate your openness on this - while it is frustrating, it is clearly out of your hands. I don't think anyone can have a gripe with you and the way you're handling the situation. I just hope Pulsar can commit to and deliver a production timeframe that does not lose them too much brand loyalty/sales. It would be good if they could make a public statement rather than relying on you and TJ to do their dirty work for them.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I appreciate your openness on this - while it is frustrating, it is clearly out of your hands. I don't think anyone can have a gripe with you and the way you're handling the situation. I just hope Pulsar can commit to and deliver a production timeframe that does not lose them too much brand loyalty/sales. It would be good if they could make a public statement rather than relying on you and TJ to do their dirty work for them.
    Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. Very frustrating situation to say the least for all concerned. Yukon/Pulsar are lucky in that there is no like for like alternative on the market.

you too!
    i'v sent request all over the world to try and find some that i now need like yesterday now,even sightmark that at the shot show stated thay would be with opticsplanet with in 4 weeks !! AS PER YOUTUBE, I'v just yesterday sold all my nv on the back of this bloody scope comeing if thay back off sending them ,then yukon can go get ****** and there kit will never see my doors agian! pissed off do't come close at this time .
    Last edited by paul o'; 03-05-2013 at 13:37.

I for one think the prototype we have tested is remarkable for the money and will capture the market so worth the eventual wait I am sure.

Great news that the 5x is going ahead, as I personally believe that quite simply it will turn the NV world on its head sub £1000.

For your info we have 100 units on order so entirely committed to the Photon's potential and to delivering good customer service, backup and advice as are our distributor Thomas Jacks.

Will update when we know more.

Paul
    (Off Duty Paternity Sales Manager)

very much true paul and thats why i orded two and then sold the two n550 full set ups ! hind sight and all that
    but as per my pm's to you and shop calls needed soon as before pal comes home from a hot place in june latest mid july, reasions you know of
    not blaming you or uk importer in any way just aaaaahhhhh not happy

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    I for one think the prototype we have tested is remarkable for the money and will capture the market so worth the eventual wait I am sure.

Great news that the 5x is going ahead, as I personally believe that quite simply it will turn the NV world on its head sub £1000.

For your info we have 100 units on order so entirely committed to the Photon's potential and to delivering good customer service, backup and advice as are our distributor Thomas Jacks.

Will update when we know more.

Paul
    (Off Duty Paternity Sales Manager)