Thread: BASC Accounts 2012 Legal expenses.

BASC Accounts 2012 Legal expenses.

I have just read my copy of the basc magazine that dropped through my letterbox. In it are the accounts for 2012 and it lists" legal expenses incurred on behalf of members" Does anyone know if the legal expenses are covered by a third party insurance ( to cover legal costs ) or do they come directly from Basc subscriptions.
    The point i am trying to make is that out of 7,827,261 income, only 5,923 was spent on legal expenses incurred on behalf of members in 2012..
    Could someone please tell me that i have got the wrong end of the stick and that is not the total that was spent re licencing issues etc.
    Cheers,
    Fatty.

Maybe one for David basc to answer .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Dear All,

We currently self-fund legal cases on firearms issues and the net cost of doing so is the figure quoted in the accounts.

Although we handle literally hundreds of licencing issues every year, the vast majority will not go near to court, and the majority are sorted between BASC, the member and the FEO so no additional legal fees are incurred.

Having said all that, we are looking at other options for legal expenses insurance that will be unique in our market more soon, the policy wording is with lawyers as I type.

David

I wonder which one case that was spent on and what was the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    I wonder which one case that was spent on and what was the outcome
    If you are not in BASC join, if you are, ask, and you shall be informed

If you already have lawyers working for you or on retention, court costs are quite low if you win or lose Ask the RSPCA

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    If you are not in BASC join, if you are, ask, and you shall be informed

Wouldn't reckon on this info being subject to any thirty year ruling?,& certainly not a question to be avoided on here,would the SD member need to post his/her membership number to obtain a reply?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!