Ukgunworks 280 Ackley

interceptor

What with reading URXs post about the 280 ackley i thought i would post about mine.
It was built by UKgunworks and i picked it up earlier this year , the specs are ...
Sako 75 long action
Border cut 26 inch 1 in 8.5 twist barrel in 280 Ackley
Mcmillan Sako varmint stock
Ukgunworks recoil lug and screws..

Early days but this how she shot testing at 725yds.. ( 5 shot group)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rZ_Mu7Y4iHI
Pictures of the gong after 5 shot group.

And i christened it recently out stalking with a good friend - 205yds off the quad sticks - a fantastic evening out!!
Really looking forward to more testing and hunting with this rifle:D

Last edited:
Hi Will ,
Nice to see you on here and you must give me a PM about when you come down this way for a stalk;)

As for load that i am using...
60 grains of Reloader 22
Federal 210 M primer
162 A-max
These are running at 3025fps with a ES of 11...
All the best ,
Ray.

Nice one ray that will sore them big lads out bud nice rifle mate, there will be a nice exit hole I am sure. Lol.

Lovely rifle.

What is the general consensus on the work that ukgunworks do?

​Certainly their rifles look beautiful, and if matched by accuracy and reliability then I will make some serious enquiries.

Lovely rifle.

What is the general consensus on the work that ukgunworks do?

​Certainly their rifles look beautiful, and if matched by accuracy and reliability then I will make some serious enquiries.

My personal opinion is go for it;)
I have had 2 rifles built by Chris now , i also have a Tikka T3 custom in 6.5-55 Improved which shoots really well too!!
I have shot quite a few other rifles that he has built too , all built to a high standard and shoot well.
Just to bear in mind that i use these rifles for not only stalking , i use them for long range target shooting and pest control..
If you lived closer i would say come for a shoot and try for yourself;)
PM me if you like if you want to know more!!
All the best.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is go for it;) I have had 2 rifles built by Chris now , i also have a Tikka T3 custom in 6.5-55 Improved which shoots really well too!! I have shot quite a few other rifles that he has built too , all built to a high standard and shoot well. Just to bear in mind that i use these rifles for not only stalking , i use them for long range target shooting and pest control.. If you lived closer i would say come for a shoot and try for yourself;) PM me if you like if you want to know more!! All the best.

Thank you Interceptor :) I will pm you.

Back