Thread: r93

r93

a mate is thinking of buying a second hand r93 ofroad in 2506, he says its in good shape comes with s and b 6x42 scope it has not been screwcut. the question is are there any things he should be wary of, plus what would be a fair price for it. cheers

Be very wary of who you would let screw cut a Blaser barrel.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Offroads are pretty old now.
    I'd be parting with 1200 tops for that combo

Look for the p on the trigger, means its had the trigger recall sorted or was built after the issue arose.

But the 25-06 is no longer made, sought after calibre in r93

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Look for the p on the trigger, means its had the trigger recall sorted or was built after the issue arose.
    if it hasnt been sorted/stamped, not a problem, openseason will do recall work FOC.

It would be worth checking but I thought all UK Blasers were screw cut from the factory (they actually had them done on import to the UK I think) but maybe that only applied to a certain time period or perhaps it was an option not to have it screw cut.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    It would be worth checking but I thought all UK Blasers were screw cut from the factory (they actually had them done on import to the UK I think) but maybe that only applied to a certain time period or perhaps it was an option not to have it screw cut.
    lots were not supplied threaded, just with open sights. Not a problem to cut, ive had a few done. Steel is hard and nitride coating case hardens further, first cut needs to be 0.020 in to get clean thread.

thanks for the opinions will pass them on, cheeers