Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposable gloves

Disposable gloves

Aldi are selling a box of 80 disposable gloves for 5

not sure if this is cheap or not bit I thought It may be worth a mention.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Just seen em, diamond knive sharpeners 7.99 and Stanley hand sanitizer 2 as well .weeks shop 67 would have been a ton at tesco ...I love Aldi
    ​norma

Not a bad price from Aldi..

We do boxes containing 100 pairs of Nitrile powderless gloves for 5.31 (... and we support the SD forum )

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...tegory&path=62

Regards

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Lad View Post
    Not a bad price from Aldi..

We do boxes containing 100 pairs of Nitrile powderless gloves for 5.31 (... and we support the SD forum )

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...tegory&path=62

Regards

Rob
    Thankyou for that. Sounds a better deal and its helping out a fellow shooter, helping out fellow shooters.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

We buy ours off ford on line they charge us about 3.50 but they have powder in the lads cant get them on and off without the powder they are a waste

Worthy of note that not all nitrile gloves are equal.

These days there is no need for powdered gloves. Even with wet hands you can get nitrile put one (not so easy with latex). All sorts of issues with the powder and allergies

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    All sorts of issues with the powder and allergies
    What is the powder made of? Isn't it something fairly inert (allergenically speaking) like calcium chloride? I'd have thought the latex would be more of an issue with allergies to be honest. Or the deer blood itself!

That aside though, happy to recommend Monarch (Rob) as supplier having met him at Kelso... a thoroughly friendly and helpful chap and I'm not just saying that 'cos of the orange badge!

​Alex
    Last edited by csl; 03-05-2013 at 22:32.

I spend much of my working day wearing gloves.

"Powdered gloves can be a concern for the wearer as powder may serve as an irritant and
    a vehicle for allergens and micro organisms. Lipids and natural moisture can be absorbed
    by powder leaving hands chapped, irritated and vulnerable to further injury or infection."

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZWU&cad=rja

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Fair enough! I'm no stranger to allergies (effectively allergic to my own gut!) but never had any problem with powdered gloves. When you wear them all day every day (or when you are operating and there is potential for transfer to a living subject) I suppose you have different concerns and rightfully so!

As far as I know, powdered are still pretty normal for food prep though, aren't they?.... stand to be corrected!

Personally I buy non-latex whatever I can get cheap (powdered or non) a batch load at a time and I wear them for gralloching, working on machinery and herpatological purposes. But obviously like all things you can buy too cheap....

We sell them to clients as milking gloves and use them ourselves. Don't have any powdered gloves in the practice either the non sterile nitrile for almost everything (I wear them for every single farm call and anything dirty in the surgery) or the sterile latex.

We get these and sell them for a similar price to clients as Monarch sell theirs (assuming their price includes VAT?) - just under a fiver plus VAT.

Barber Healthcare

We buy 50-100 boxes at a time.