Thread: remington .223

remington .223

got a chance a secod hand .223 remmy
    its the adl model floor plate mag
    lad who ive know for ages want 400 notes for it which i feel is a bit steep it only has leupold bases on no scope mod anything else
    i know the guns reasonably reliable
    400 notes tho bit on the top side?
    what do you guys think?
    im thinking 280-300 touch maybees?

cheers scout

Do you mean BDL? With the hinged floorplate?? How does it shoot??~Muir

He's having a laugh... i recently viewed a stainless model with bell&carlson aftersales stock and very little wear. The dealer was asking 300 - i could easily have got it for 275

remmy .223

Is it a PSS heavy barrel?

I bought a Remington Adl in .308 with a wooden stock from the Sportsman last year for 395 brand new.
    A second hand .223 Adl (which are normally a lot cheaper than the Bdl) should go for around 295 -300 if it is still in good nick.
    Muir, Bdl drop down floor plate, Adl closed magazine, load from the top.

I have a handle on the ADL/BDL differences as I have owned many of both. I thought Scout was saying it was an ADL with the floorplate, which raised my bushy eyebrow. ~Muir

it may be bdl dont realy know much about that series to be honest but at 400 clams i thought it was too much money
    lad thats selling it is a good pal of mine hes a police sniper so knows his kit but i feel 400 is way top side i thougt about280 its probably worth that all day long?

it may be bdl dont raly know much about that series to be honest but at 400 clams i thought it was too much money
    lad thats selling it is a good pal of mine hes a police sniper so knows his kit but i feel 400 is way top side i thougt about280 its probably worth that all day long?

Either will shoot well. My concern is that the BDL's usually sell for much more. I wouldn't want you to pay BDL prices for an ADL.~Muir

Some nice prices you lads are mentioning. I was quoted 1300 Euros for a bog standard sps here in Ireland. The chap even thought it was a good price. The cheapest I could get one for in the end was 900Euro but at least in stainless . Second hand they charge almost the same. Saw a second hand old swift for 800 Euros.
    You might even be better off paying more for a good second hand rifle from someone you trust, than ending up with a lemon for a bargain.
    What is 100 back or forth if you have years of fun with a good rifle.

edi