Available: Roe Stalking near Inverness

JRoe

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use one of mine. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing. No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one!

Approved Witness available for any of you undertaking your Level 2.
Price for a witnessed outing is £100. Duration 4 hours approx ( Could be longer but at Witnesses' discretion). Please contact me for further details.

B&B at www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Reduced rates for Stalkers, £25 each, inc full breakfast ( can be a Hunter's one if you've been successful earlier !) Plenty Bucks about - - including some new one's never seen before !. Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

Hi John, that's me back off my holidays and looking to get that DSC2 stalk in before you thin the bucks out too much. If you could arrange a couple of dates it'll be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Thanks for a fine morning stalk this morning John - always a pleasure to go out with you and on such fabulous ground too. You certainly have a good amount of beasts around this year. The one we got was a fine buck too and in great condition.
I may just have to come out to play again very soon and try for another one - maybe that super long-range (6yds!) one I never even saw until you nearly tripped up over it ;). I don't know who was more surprised - you or the buck!
Cheers again and I'll be in touch very soon.

Andy.

Ha Ha - - Thanks Andy - - it was a pleasure. As for that Buck I nearly tripped over, he was so close I was just waiting for you to show me your "knife skills"! - - Just goes to show what good Stalkers we are.
Lovely morning yesterday - - good to be out early - - and well done on getting that Buck after such a difficult stalk. It was also good to take our time going through the DSC2 procedure from start to finish. You'll get one or two good dinners out of him too.

Thanks for coming along - looking forward to the next time.

ATB

John

Hi Mark - - it's been good here so far - - however I've kept one or two back just for yourself ! I'll PM you with DSC2 details.

Regards

John

Thanks for a great time last w/e and two DSC 2 bucks on last sunday morning was as surprising for me as it was for them !
All the best
Rupert / Deerpath

Thanks for a great time last w/e and two DSC 2 bucks on last sunday morning was as surprising for me as it was for them !
All the best
Rupert / Deerpath
Thanks Rupert, it was a good result. Thanks also to TJ for the witnessing. It's good when a plan comes together !

ATB
JR

Another grand morning here yesterday. GL came up for fri night/ sat morning stalking. Beautiful weather but v quiet, we could have done with a bit of a breeze. Stalked a lovely mature Buck in the evening but he was well aware of us before we even got out of the car ! He put up with our futile attempts to get close for about half an hour before legging it into the next parish !
Next morning was a superb day if you weren't stalking, not a cloud in the sky nor a breath of wind. However we did eventually catch up with a couple of nice young Bucks. Another good result for us both - - GL getting his couple of Bucks and me because he brought me a bottle of The Glenlivet.
As an aside,drinking a wee sensation of this on a Sunday could be almighty close to being a religious experience!
Anyway if any of you guys out there would also like to experience a good result come on up. Bring a talisman (or a Talisker) - - it obviously works wonders.
055.jpg

Have you caught up with that lad with the odd spikes I spooked yet ? Still enjoying recounting the territorial spat we encountered as well. Hopefully back up soon !

Have you caught up with that lad with the odd spikes I spooked yet ? Still enjoying recounting the territorial spat we encountered as well. Hopefully back up soon !

No we haven't caught up with him (Yet !) - - the one in the pic above wasn't far away from him though and we also got another nearby with white antlers - - the velvet had just come off.
Lots of kids showing an appearance now - - some must have been born at least a couple of weeks ago.

ATB & looking forward to your next visit.

JR

Had a great morning out with John and Ally last Wednesday morning. Nearly choked on the laughs as the craic was superb. Many thanks for the great time.

'John for President.' We need a benign dictator.

Had a great morning out with John and Ally last Wednesday morning. Nearly choked on the laughs as the craic was superb. Many thanks for the great time.

'John for President.' We need a benign dictator.

Thanks Dougster I enjoyed it just as much. I trust you got home safe and well. - - and as for me being "Dictator" -- the adjective is "benevolent" and I'll be telling you to campaign for me shortly ! ( may as well start as I mean to go on huh ?)

ATB

John

Another good evening out with a couple of trainee keepers from Sweden. We got a few rabbits with the CZ first just to check their accuracy ( head shots at 70 yards are fine by me !) then Martin spotted this Buck grazing in some rough. After a good bit of crawling he took the shot with the Steyr .223 at about 150 yards, top of the heart, dropped like a stone. To say he was well chuffed is the understatement of the year!
012.jpg
Well done Martin - - his first Scottish Roebuck - - hopefully not his last.

Bloody hell John, you're busier than a billy goat with two peckers :)

John

Our Swedish gamekeepers are only here for a few more days so I decided to give the usual Saturday night clubbing a miss and see if we could get a Buck for Heinrich. Martin got one a couple of nights ago so it was only fair. A beautiful sunny evening but with a chilly east wind.Shot a few Rabbits to warm up and then called a couple of Foxes - - they were too smart for us though so we decided to go to a field of oilseed rape where I'ld seen a nice Buck on a couple of occasions before. Sure enough there he was and after awkward stalk along the woodside, with the wind almost going straight to him, Heinrich gave him a classic heart shot. He kicked up, staggered 20 yards or so and dropped. A nice Buck and another fine result.
Once again another delighted Swede with his first Scottish Roebuck.

011.jpg019.jpg

Well done John, you're on top form lately

John

Thanks John - - and I'm not the only one. Wallace was out this morning and after a long and difficult stalk in arduous conditions eventually had this cull Buck on the grass.
014.jpg
The "Roe Magnet" does it again !

JR

John,

massive thanks to you and stu for a thoroughly enjoyable and successful morning! The suspense that was built by leaving it until the last possible moment to connect made it all the more satisfying! Although how you orchestrated that is beyond me! 2/3 of the dsc 2 complete! I'm even beating you now!! Will definitely be back in the future (excluding tomorrow to settle my debt :))wether it be to complete the dsc 2 or just for a wonder about with yourself!! Which ain't a bad way to spend a morning regardless of the deer lol

Thanks again mate

James

Back