Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Bullets on US nationally syndicated news program.

Sierra Bullets on US nationally syndicated news program.

I keep forgetting to post this.
    Last Sunday morning on a syndicated radio show hosted by US journalist Chris Wallace, they were interviewing the guys at Sierra bullets as part of a program on the reports of US citizens arming themselves and stocking up on ammo. It was interesting that the guy at Sierra stated that lack of ammo on the shelves was not due to "panic buying" but rather to companies like Sierra fulfilling contractual obligations to the US Government and its "unprecedented" purchasing of multiple billions of rounds of ammunition over the last 6 months; namely, the Department of Homeland Security. Almost all production is geared towards filling those orders. I wish I'd caught the whole program.~Muir

(Makes me wonder what DHS thinks the American people are up to...)
    Last edited by Muir; 04-05-2013 at 18:25.

Muir

I don't suppose we are able to listen to the programme retrospectively online?

​KR

Quote Originally Posted by jon2 View Post
    Muir

I don't suppose we are able to listen to the programme retrospectively online?

​KR
    I don't know! I'll look.
    I have known that the panic buying has been over for months and months: There has been nothing left to buy since November last: in a panic or otherwise. I have also known about the 3.2 to 4.8 billion rounds of ammo ordered by DHS for some time now and I have known that the production has been shifted to fill those orders. It was nice to hear it out loud, for once. The left wing news orgs are pointing at the gun owners and the DHS Director Janet Napolitano is saying that it is just their 'normal', annual bulk purchase. Nonsense to that.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I don't know! I'll look.
    I have known that the panic buying has been over for months and months: There has been nothing left to buy since November last: in a panic or otherwise. I have also known about the 3.2 to 4.8 billion rounds of ammo ordered by DHS for some time now and I have known that the production has been shifted to fill those orders. It was nice to hear it out loud, for once. The left wing news orgs are pointing at the gun owners and the DHS Director Janet Napolitano is saying that it is just their 'normal', annual bulk purchase. Nonsense to that.~Muir
    Homeland Security doesn't include the army does it, so why do they need so much ammunition?

Expecting another civil war!

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Homeland Security doesn't include the army does it, so why do they need so much ammunition?

Expecting another civil war!
    You're right. DHS does not include the military. There are spook reports that DHS is running "martial law" scenarios so maybe yes to your idea. Hope not. That would get messy.~Muir

sierra factory on tv over here last week nothing about us gov just shooters panic buying but media over here are anti gun
    ​cheers lister

I would be worried about DHS intentions ,are they planning a massive grab of privately owned firearms and do the bumper stickers "from my cold dead hands" really mean that ?Some one in the US needs to get oversight on what they are doing .

Last edited by waterford103; 05-05-2013 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    sierra factory on tv over here last week nothing about us gov just shooters panic buying but media over here are anti gun
    ​cheers lister
    One journalist guy did the math and said that 3.6 billion rounds of small arms ammunition would sustain our current expenditure in the Middle East for twenty-four years!

The panic buying really has been long over. Since November there has been nothing much to buy. Ammunition is creeping back onto the shelves: PPU, Tula, PMC, Sellier and Bellot, Mag Tech. All non domestic brands.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    I would be worried about DHS intensions ,are they planning a massive grab of privately owned firearms and do the bumper stickers "from my cold dead hands" really mean that ?Some one in the US needs to get oversight on what they are doing .

What odds would you give on a leak of any such intentions?... How many employed in DHS capacity would also be NRA members?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    I would be worried about DHS intensions ,are they planning a massive grab of privately owned firearms and do the bumper stickers "from my cold dead hands" really mean that ?Some one in the US needs to get oversight on what they are doing .

I think it does, but I'd like to think it won't come to that.

I was reminded by a friend of the words of our President during his first term where he said he would have a private security force "better equipped and better trained than the US military". Maybe it's the DHS? They have armored vehicles now. And drones....~Muir