Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aesthetically Pleasing Moderator

Aesthetically Pleasing Moderator

Which centrefire sound moderator suitable for a standard sporting diameter 243 barrel is the most AESTHETICALLY pleasing?

To my mind it will be one that is kept slim as possible rather than the oil filter girth approach. It will also be one that uses the slide over the barrel for support and screwed tight approach rather than hanging on the end.

I know little about them other than they are the equivalent of putting a roof rack on a Bentley.

Good for ears of course.

Thanks

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 04-05-2013 at 20:28.

TBH they all ruin the look of a rifle, but I wouldn't be without mine.

Hi I use an Ace Northstar, it works well, only adds 4in to the end of the barrel. I have also just bought an Ace Jet Z compact for my 22.250 & my 25.06 which I am hoping to try tomorrow.

Controversial but I think my Lawrence precision Nexus compact looks pretty good on my Stainless synthetic sako 85.

I have been using a Pess Mini-T on mine for a while, it's really a rimfire mod, but is pretty solid and all stainless steel.
    32mm diameter and 200mm long, half over the barrel, comfortable to shoot noise wise, but 3 rapid shots will warm it
    p pretty good, enough for heat haze to make a 4th shot nearly impossible.
    When I buy a dedicated mod for it I will be looking closely at the Aim Zonic, the smaller one.

Neil.

Hardy Gen 4 from Riflecraft look great and only add 3inch to the barrel length.

I don't think you can cet them now but the Quicksilver titanium mod is absolutely brilliant.

Had one of these on my first rifle, nice can indeed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by scottski View Post
    Hardy Gen 4 from Riflecraft look great and only add 3inch to the barrel length.
    +1... Big fan of the Gen IV.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Which centrefire sound moderator suitable for a standard sporting diameter 243 barrel is the most AESTHETICALLY pleasing?

To my mind it will be one that is kept slim as possible rather than the oil filter girth approach. It will also be one that uses the slide over the barrel for support and screwed tight approach rather than hanging on the end.

I know little about them other than they are the equivalent of putting a roof rack on a Bentley.

Good for ears of course.

Thanks

K
    My thoughts exactly. I keep thinking about having my Heym threaded, but then quickly go off the idea. I think the Pes may come close, but they seem heavy. If there was something about the diameter of a shotgun barrel and properly struck and without knurled or hexagonal bolts or crimped, and properly blued I might reconsider. The Roedale might be worth a look. Longer barrels also make a big difference - 24" barrel compared to a20" is very noticeable.