Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which boots

which boots

Im looking at getting some new boots. Im looking at le chameau mouflons or meindl island pro .Does anyone have any views or experiance of these boots i need them to last and they will get a fair bit of stick cheers

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Check out this thread on which boots to buy:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...pic.php?t=6447

willie_gunn

Fallow,

I was after a pair of boots of the sort you describe. I read the thread above and decided on a pair from Altberg. The ones I got are called, I think, "High Country Velthog".

Altberg's customer service was first rate. The boots arrived in a couple of days.

I've not done much in them yet. The real tests will come when the game season starts. However, early signs are very positive. I have been surprised by how comfy they are for a boot that comes well above the ankle and they've not needed much breaking in.

Bob

I bought some le chameau mouflon plus boots and they are absolutely crap!
    Thankfully I got them for 62 new from evilbay. They are very warm, narrow fitting, but the worst bit is they SQUEAK! You don't need a Buttollo caller when out with these boots on! I believe Danner 'Pronghorns' are quite good but haven't personally tried them.

boots

If you have european weak ankle syndrome get the Meindl's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker
    I bought some le chameau mouflon plus boots and they are absolutely crap!
    Thankfully I got them for 62 new from evilbay. They are very warm, narrow fitting, but the worst bit is they SQUEAK! You don't need a Buttollo caller when out with these boots on! I believe Danner 'Pronghorns' are quite good but haven't personally tried them.

My Chiruca Hunters squeak as well.

My father-in-law when he sees a client with goretex boots, he refuses to take them out unless they change and wear wellies. He can provide his old stinky pair if needed...
    He says all of the goretex boots squeak.

Greg

I'm with the Spanker of the Monkey, I've had Mouflons and thought they were good until I purchased a pair of Meindl Burma pros which are great, just purchased a pair of Island pros from Jacks of Dunmow yesterday, great service really helpful and a good deal too.

I think that the Burma ( only a B boot ) will be more comfortable than the Island Pro . A friend uses the Island Pro and when they are ready for the graveyard they still are to stiff .

A Scottish professional , which I spoke with , uses in winter a pair of Le Chameau neoprene lined wellies . He wants nothing else . It keeps your feet dry and warm he says . I live in my wellies and can walk days in them without aver having blisters or painfull feet . I use Aigle Parcurs since they exist and am very pleased with them . Their fit around the ankle is a lot tighter than the Le Chameau wellies. I think getting a pair of neoprene lined Parcours for coming to Scotland this winter .

Who uses wellies ? Pro and cons ?

It's funny you should mention them as I use Le Chameau 'Vieznord' neoprene lined wellies when it is wet. They are extremely warm and comfortable and I can walk for days in them with no rubbing or blisters.
    I even managed to pin my boot to my foot last year by jamming a blackthorn through my heel and about 3/4" into my foot. Eventually got my boot off and thought the boot would leak but it never has! It seems to have self-sealed! Can't fault their wellies, but the Mouflons are not good.