Thread: Browning Buckmark Rifle

Browning Buckmark Rifle

Good Morning All
    I have been looking at the Browning Buckmark rifle as a possibility for rabbit control - I know a bolt action would be more accurate but the size and design appeals
    Has anyone any experience of them or any warnings!?
    Thanks
    ED

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Brilliant tool, but as with any auto, keep it clean (although its very forgiving - I usually go a few hundred rounds before giving it a wipe down). I got quick detach mounts, as you have to remove scope/mounts to clean it, decent mounts you dont have to re-zero. Thats the only drawback. Cut down to minimum barrel, SAK moderator, put it in a rucksack to get to site.

My daughter has one and absolutely loves it, she will be using it in the H4H shoot this year. Several members at the club have tried it and all have taken a fancy to it because it is so compact. The trigger isn't bad as it comes and being very open the crud doesn't mount up causing reliability problems, so far she has fired about a thousand rounds through it without missing a heartbeat. That is except for some crappy Remington rounds that wouldn't fire in any other rifle anyway.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    My daughter has one and absolutely loves it, she will be using it in the H4H shoot this year. Several members at the club have tried it and all have taken a fancy to it because it is so compact. The trigger isn't bad as it comes and being very open the crud doesn't mount up causing reliability problems, so far she has fired about a thousand rounds through it without missing a heartbeat. That is except for some crappy Remington rounds that wouldn't fire in any other rifle anyway.
    That will the daughter who is a far better shot than I am as I recollect!!

We have a lot turned into pistols at the club, very reliable and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edchef View Post
    That will the daughter who is a far better shot than I am as I recollect!!
    Yes she's coming along quite nicely, she's now been shooting for just over a year now. If you want to give her rifle a try you can do so at this year's shoot that's if I can pry it out of her hands.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Excellent rifle and very forgiving with regards to cleanliness. I like them quite a bit.~Muir