Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annealing machines

Annealing machines

Probably done to death but has anyone got any experience with these? Any good ones about? Or does anyone have any plans to make one?

​BE

ouch that looks expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    500 with inport duty then the price of the torches on top

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    +1 any cheaper ones about as that old buy a lot of new brass

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    +1 any cheaper ones about as that old buy a lot of new brass
    get yourself a 20 blowtorch,electric screwdriver and a deep socket and hope for the best then

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    get yourself a 20 blowtorch,electric screwdriver and a deep socket and hope for the best then
    I got a cheap varibale speed drill , made a little adapter thing that would grip a shell holder . Put the whole mess in my vice . I also made a little holder device for my propane torch to keep it pointed correctly . Take cases out and replace with a pair of channel locks !

But I will say this annealling falls right in there with things I don't like doing such as case trimming tumbling etc !

The electronics of that will bot be complicated. The fabrication is also not complicated but would need a very sharp band saw blade to cut the circular plates out. Ally would be fine though. You would then need two blow torches, a stepper motor and some form of timed PWM circuit. You could get all that on evil bay, A google would probebly do it for a wiring diagram.

Intersting little project that! Would work quite well for annealing my rim fire cases Prior to swaging! Some kind of auto feed and ejector would be sweat too!

Anyone any experience of the annealrite machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    The electronics of that will bot be complicated. The fabrication is also not complicated but would need a very sharp band saw blade to cut the circular plates out. Ally would be fine though. You would then need two blow torches, a stepper motor and some form of timed PWM circuit. You could get all that on evil bay, A google would probebly do it for a wiring diagram.

Intersting little project that! Would work quite well for annealing my rim fire cases Prior to swaging! Some kind of auto feed and ejector would be sweat too!
    Marine PMI and I were thinking that a circular saw blade (table saw) would work for the carrier on some calibers. If you go on line there are some pretty neat annealing machine designs. The electronics are fairly cheap. If you're handy and have tools you can cobble one together in a day.

Back in the Dark Ages of reloading.... 20 or 30 years ago...I used to make 256 Winchester Magnum from .357 Magnum by annealing with a hand held torch. I put a shallow pan of water on a lazy susan and set the case in it. I applied the torch while rotating the pan. When the water started to bubble around the case I tipped it over. It took some experimentation but I had it down pat after a while. Annealed hundreds of cases without a problem.~Muir