Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new .17 Hornet

The new .17 Hornet

Does anyone have any knowledge or infact used the .17 Hornet i am toying with buying one cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge or infact used the .17 Hornet i am toying with buying one cheers Rob
    The Hornady version? I local guy shoots one on a Savage and it's plenty accurate. His only problem is that the brass from Hornady splits at the neck after firing on many rounds.~Muir

Hi Muir thanks your the second feed back i have had on the brass splitting Rob

It seems they are not to readily available as yet Rob

Regular Poster
    if you haven't seen it already, they used one on the internet programme "theshootingshow" a couple of weeks ago. May be of interest to you.

I've got a pair of the CZ527 HB's on order with two seperate distributers . Think we puth them on order at the first of the year . And every time I call they tell me "we're expecting them any day".

I've had RCBS dies , new brass , factory ammo and Hornady 17 cal bullets for a couple months now !

But no firing of der rifle yet

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The Hornady version? I local guy shoots one on a Savage and it's plenty accurate. His only problem is that the brass from Hornady splits at the neck after firing on many rounds.~Muir
    So generally how many times can he load a case on average before they split ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    So generally how many times can he load a case on average before they split ?
    Some times, none. They split on the first firing. Same with 100 rounds of Hornady loaded ammo he purchased while waiting for dies.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Some times, none. They split on the first firing. Same with 100 rounds of Hornady loaded ammo he purchased while waiting for dies.~Muir
    Hmmmm since we're getting CZ's it would be great if the problem were caused by Savage making a slightly over size chamber in the neck area .

But I'd bet that isn't the cause .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Hmmmm since we're getting CZ's it would be great if the problem were caused by Savage making a slightly over size chamber in the neck area .

But I'd bet that isn't the cause .
    It's not.~Muir