Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The new .17 Hornet

  1. #1

    The new .17 Hornet

    Does anyone have any knowledge or infact used the .17 Hornet i am toying with buying one cheers Rob

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge or infact used the .17 Hornet i am toying with buying one cheers Rob
    The Hornady version? I local guy shoots one on a Savage and it's plenty accurate. His only problem is that the brass from Hornady splits at the neck after firing on many rounds.~Muir

  3. #3
    Hi Muir thanks your the second feed back i have had on the brass splitting Rob

  4. #4
    It seems they are not to readily available as yet Rob

  5. #5
    Regular Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Highlands/Herefordshire/London
    Posts
    430
    if you haven't seen it already, they used one on the internet programme "theshootingshow" a couple of weeks ago. May be of interest to you.

  6. #6
    I've got a pair of the CZ527 HB's on order with two seperate distributers . Think we puth them on order at the first of the year . And every time I call they tell me "we're expecting them any day".

    I've had RCBS dies , new brass , factory ammo and Hornady 17 cal bullets for a couple months now !

    But no firing of der rifle yet

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The Hornady version? I local guy shoots one on a Savage and it's plenty accurate. His only problem is that the brass from Hornady splits at the neck after firing on many rounds.~Muir
    So generally how many times can he load a case on average before they split ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    So generally how many times can he load a case on average before they split ?
    Some times, none. They split on the first firing. Same with 100 rounds of Hornady loaded ammo he purchased while waiting for dies.~Muir

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Some times, none. They split on the first firing. Same with 100 rounds of Hornady loaded ammo he purchased while waiting for dies.~Muir
    Hmmmm since we're getting CZ's it would be great if the problem were caused by Savage making a slightly over size chamber in the neck area .

    But I'd bet that isn't the cause .

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Hmmmm since we're getting CZ's it would be great if the problem were caused by Savage making a slightly over size chamber in the neck area .

    But I'd bet that isn't the cause .
    It's not.~Muir

Similar Threads

  1. RUGER 77/17 VHZ 17 BOLT ACTION .17 HORNET varmint barrel
    By philip in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2014, 12:54
  2. one for those looking at .17 hornet
    By sir-lamp-alot in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 19:20
  3. .17 Hornet
    By stevenjames in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 11:19
  4. 17 Hornet or 17 Rem?
    By 12borejimbo in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 10:22
  5. .17 hornet
    By derek.snr in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 15:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •