Thread: Pietas venatores - review on his work .

Pietas venatores - review on his work .

Only just got round to doing this now , sorry Peter !
    Okay so back in February I contacted Peter with a project in the form of my tikka .308 . Id just missed out on the sale of a very pretty rifle , and so decide to have my trusty 595 modified a bit .

My criteria was basically that I'd like a forend tip and pistol grip cap made of African Blackwood and that I'd just like the rifle to look a bit nicer . I can tell you from the off that I probably am not the best type of customer . I don't really know what I wanted , luckily Peter is a good man with good taste , and he sort of took the reigns for me .

All the way through the project Peter remained in contact , he replied to all emails and calls very quickly and was generally very polite and accomadating of my flitting mind ! Ill also add that I'd discussed a date with Peter by which I'd like the rifle back , and I'm pleased to report I received it with 2 weeks to spare ! Plenty of time to have a play with the rifle and get it set up !

Whilst Peter had the stock I had the trigger polished and lightened to break at 2lbs , polished the bolt and re fitted the iron sights . I also fitted a Schmidt and bender 2.5-10 x56 klassik as a scope upgrade .

when I got the rifle back together I was simply astounded by peters work , it was flawless, it looked like a much more expensive rifle and the attention to detail was second to none . I think the rifle looks beautiful now , it certainly handles nicely ( Peter changed the pistol grip around a bit and made the forend a much nicer shape ) the scope is wonderful to use , and Ireally like having the iron sights back on it .
    I couldn't be happier with the job done by pietas venatores , ill let you guys decide on how it looks by the pictures below .

I will just add that at no extra charge Peter also re fitted the butt pad and supplied a carek kit for my stock (much appreciated thankyou )

id wholeheartedly recomend his work , as a person he is a gentleman and as a businessman he is a truly skilled craftsman.
    thankyou Peter !

Worth adding this was a completely standard sporter stock . As it left tikkas factory !

very nice

I suspect his work would benefit from some high resolution pictures. I have also seen some of his work in the flesh and it is difficult to portray the finish and detail in a photo

Having dealt with Peter I can say it was a pleasure. May deal again. I need my beretta stock redone but need to get pennies together first.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    very nice

I suspect his work would benefit from some high resolution pictures. I have also seen some of his work in the flesh and it is difficult to portray the finish and detail in a photo
    Your certainly not wrong bewsher , they're iPhone specials and it doesn't do it justice .