Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Finnfire added to the collection

.22 Finnfire added to the collection

I have had a slot for a while for a .22lr but have not found what I want...........until my mate went to fix a tractor for a contractor. To cut a long conversation short. It transpired that he wanted to chop his Finnfire in for a 20bore. He wasn't in a hurry so he told my mate so I thought I would have a while to get a plan hatchet to chop in my Beretta 687 and see what I had left.

I was in one of our local gun shops and asked him what was said shotgun worth as I have seen a Finnfire, we have one here says gun shop owner. Bugger me it was the same one I was after, the contractor had chopped it in early. So a deal was done and the said Berreta has now turned into a as like new Sako Finnfire.

The original owner (contractor) bought 300 rounds when he bought the rifle around 10 years ago. he showed my mate that he had 230 rounds left.

Like I said as new. One happy bunny.

Jonathon
    Last edited by 243varmint; 05-05-2013 at 21:54.

I'm jealous! Very Nice. Congrats.~Muir

Cracking little rifle. They shoot a dream.
    I had the barrel shortened and rethreaded on mine, very handy in the truck now.

Nice one Jon, I have them same but with a fat barrel, it shoots an absolute treat.

Enjoy your new acquisition, may it account for many a bunny!

Jim

Hi Nick what sort of dog is that on your pic its hard to tell, i train dogs is it a Belgium Mally just wondered Rob

Quote Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
    Hi Nick what sort of dog is that on your pic its hard to tell, i train dogs is it a Belgium Mally just wondered Rob
    Yea it is mate.
    I do sometimes wonder why. Great fun though.
    ​Have you got one too ?

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Cracking little rifle. They shoot a dream.
    I had the barrel shortened and rethreaded on mine, very handy in the truck now.
    Had the same done to mine Love my Sako ,probably the most sensible rifle I've ever brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Dog View Post
    Nice one Jon, I have them same but with a fat barrel, it shoots an absolute treat.

Enjoy your new acquisition, may it account for many a bunny!

Jim
    Yep i have the same with the varmint barrel, very, very accurate rifle.
    Cheers
    Richard

Nice one. I bought one new with standard sporter barrel and sold it to a mate after 2 yrs. 8 yrs on and i wanted another 22LR, offered my mate double what he paid me and more then it cost new, but he still would'nt sell it.... so I bought a CZ 455 and have'nt looked back since

They are lovely rifles. I reluctantly swapped mine in for a CZ. I felt it would be sacrilage to shorten the Sako and it upset me to see it suffering as a keepers rifle rattling about on the quad and in and out of vehicles etc.

A lovely well balanced rifle, deadly accurate and smooth bolt. Proper big rifle feel to it as well.