Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moderators

moderators

I have just purchased an a-tec mod from a rfd , he booked it in as a 223 a-tec and so he had to book it out as the same . That is clear and no problem . But I can also purchase 22rf mod , So if a member is selling a 30cal mod can I buy it and add it to my cert to be used as a 22lr and to fill the 22lr mod slot . Because some appear to buy a 30cal to use on say a 223 is that not the same .
    Last edited by bongo; 06-05-2013 at 01:51.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    A second hand Centrefire moderator will be at a price of 100 and upwards, a SAK Rimfire Mod is 30.

With the way a moderator works, a .30 Calibre mod would probably not be as effective as a SAK on a RF anyway.
    Last edited by tartinjock; 06-05-2013 at 07:05.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

wont think you need one as big for a rimfire, plus is the center mod not alot bigger and heavyer then a rimfire mod.
    I tend to buy my mods to fit the cal of my gun.
    atb
    simon

I use a 6.5mm bore PES T12 on my 4 rimfires, my .222 and my .243 it is by far the best thing I have done with my WMR and HMR I have compared it to both a SAK and a PH on a .22lr with win subs and equally impressive difference L&B use "small bore" or "full bore" to classify mods as most mods are not calibre specific I would struggle to see how an FLO would be able to say you couldnt use a "30cal" mod on a .223

​I bought my PES as a "small bore" and the FLO changed it to "full bore" when I started using it on my .243

Depends on how the moderator is stated on your ticket.....be very careful.
    I have mods for my .17/.22. .222/.270 and can acquire one for my 25-06.
    On my ticket it says " The .222 & sound moderator (interchangeable with .270 rifle) and vice versa The .270 & mod (interchangeable with .222 rifle)
    But I have put down for a separate mod for my 25-06.

what happens if you get two the same that are rated for 270 and 25-06 and neither have numbers?
    ​makes a mockery of their system

be careful using a c/f mod on a rimfire. rimmie rounds are very dirty and you can get a build up of crud / unburnt powder etc in your mod which may be a problem when you swap it back to your c/f (boom)

not a good idea basically

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    be careful using a c/f mod on a rimfire. rimmie rounds are very dirty and you can get a build up of crud / unburnt powder etc in your mod which may be a problem when you swap it back to your c/f (boom)

​+1

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    what happens if you get two the same that are rated for 270 and 25-06 and neither have numbers?
    ​makes a mockery of their system
    I know, when I was under Lothian police they were great, they just put sound mod, and I had AOLQ on my ticket, when I moved back to Wales Gwent police changed everything......

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post

I put hundreds of R/F rounds through my PES
    never had any of the issues that people describe.

may be down to the design but as dirty as they may be 40-60gr of any CF powder is never going to be cleaner than 3gr of LilGun
    it gets pretty filthy after 50 rounds of .243 at the range!

People use LilGun in .22hornet but it doesnt come with the same caution