Thread: 'Go pro' camera and stalking

'Go pro' camera and stalking

Hi guys. Have any of you ever filmed a stalk? My mate is big into down hill mountin biking and bought himself a go pro camera with all sorts of different mounts. One was a chest harness and It just looks ideal to record what you're doing from the off. Or you could fiddle with it and attach it to the scope and turn it on before the shot.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

A go-pro does not have a zoom so it is only good for close up work.

If you want to see the Deer get shot you need a proper camera.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    A go-pro does not have a zoom so it is only good for close up work.

If you want to see the Deer get shot you need a proper camera.
    Good point. I was just thinking of the size. My mate was showing me the footage he took with his and as usual I turned it into something shooting related.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

A chap comes out with me walked up game shooting and his results have been excellent. He straps it to his head

Have a word with John at YDS. He videos most of his stalks.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I've done it with mine and it was disappointing, as said there is no zoom so it makes deer look miles away. Excellent for filming the gralloch though.

hi feller yes i do offten i used a pentax wg1 cam but the go pro would be better, i ajusted a torch mount clamp to hold the camera mount from my bi-pod.it clamp on to scope so it out of the way of eye veiw. iam not a david baily a bit of grass bush tree thing going on but i;v had some good moments saved on cd
    atb paul

Quote Originally Posted by seanct View Post
    Hi guys. Have any of you ever filmed a stalk? My mate is big into down hill mountin biking and bought himself a go pro camera with all sorts of different mounts. One was a chest harness and It just looks ideal to record what you're doing from the off. Or you could fiddle with it and attach it to the scope and turn it on before the shot.
    Last edited by paul o'; 06-05-2013 at 19:50.

I've went for a Contour ROAM Action Camera as I preferred the shape to the GoPro, plus it's waterproof without any special housing.

There's some information and a video of a buck kid I shot with it on my blog:
    http://jonathan81.blogspot.co.uk/sea...Contour%20ROAM

As is said above, it's only really good for close up stuff, 50 meters or less.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

​Spypoint are about to launch their own take on the Go Pro with full 1080P and bundled with loads of accessories to deliver Go Pro 3 performance, cheaper and designed for the hunting market as well as extreme sports so comes with mounts etc for rifles.

Will post more details when available but you can find out more for now here.

http://www.spypoint.com/download/Spy...talog-2013.pdf

Regards

Paul