Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atec CMM4 Parts

Atec CMM4 Parts

Bit of a random question but does anyone know where to get the additional baffles from as I have a few with gas cutting which I want to replace or is it a case of contacting the importer?

Thanks in advance

SD Regular
    Jackson Rifles. From memory, they are about 40 a baffle?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Swillington Shooting Supplies in Leeds, sell them for 25 each.

I ordered one from Jacksons and they sent it to my local shop in Salisbury. I got it for 27.00.

Brilliant thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by ths84 View Post
    Bit of a random question but does anyone know where to get the additional baffles from as I have a few with gas cutting which I want to replace or is it a case of contacting the importer?

Thanks in advance
    Did the cmm4 have many shots through it? I can't decide what to buy for my .308, I like the idea of 220g but don't want to be buying baffles every year

Since you have gas cutting in your mod have you noticed a difference in the noise reduction only I have the same mod bought second hand which has gas cutting and compared to my wildcat mod it seams no where near as quite

Quote Originally Posted by swatty View Post
    Since you have gas cutting in your mod have you noticed a difference in the noise reduction only I have the same mod bought second hand which has gas cutting and compared to my wildcat mod it seams no where near as quite
    i had a wildcat and changed to the atec, definately not the same noise reduction but i,m willing to sacrifice noise for the weight difference

Quote Originally Posted by swatty View Post
    You're comparing apples with oranges. The Wildcat mods have larger expansion chambers and more (although not as spaced out) baffles. The CMM4 reduces sound to a safe, comfortable level and manages to do it without turning your rifle into an unbalanced lump that's constantly slipping off your shoulder. If you've not guessed, I love mine.
    I also have a T8, and while I agree the CMM4 doesn't have the same level of moderation, it's the T8 that's now redundant and the CMM4 that goes out with me on both my screw-cut rifles.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

To be honest I have put about 250+ shots through it and got the mod on a number of occasions to the point that you couldn't touch it and the wrap around it was smoking, so you could say that I have abused it and it still works fine, still mods well and hasn't shifted the POI!

I just have an OCD need to swap them out.