Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: again more dispatch

again more dispatch

just had another call out at least its a buck this time and vertually written the car off driver going too fast down country lanes.
    fraid I told him so in no uncertian terms much to amusement of P.C.
    As I said in another thread lots of chasing between bucks must be the warmer weather and testostrone rising bucks starting to get terratorial (could never spell)

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    just had another call out at least its a buck this time and vertually written the car off driver going too fast down country lanes.
    fraid I told him so in no uncertian terms much to amusement of P.C.
    As I said in another thread lots of chasing between bucks must be the warmer weather and testostrone rising bucks starting to get terratorial (could never spell)
    It's ironic you've been asked to do this so soon after the humane despatch of the Doe, looks like you're going to have a busy year at this rate.

Can I ask, How did you know he was going too fast ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Quite. The countryside is my workplace. Lots of places I can safely make progress at 60mph on country roads.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

single track road bend impact to stopping good 40 yds pc reconed at least 60mph

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Because he didn't manage to stop before hitting a deer

Neil.

Making progress is good but you should always be able to stop in the distance that you can clearly see to be safe. So 60 mph around a bend that you cant see around on a country road ?
    Next time there might be a tractor or a couple of horse riders ........
    Or a deer waiting for you!
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

MFR the 'local' radio station up here tend to be very good and every so often issue a reminder about deer activity on their traffic and news broadcasts. Never sure how effective it is - but can't do harm? Maybe something for people to consider - aside from deer welfare it is a positive spin on stalkers and gets you 'known' to the station.

Apache - 60MPH in a Disco doesnt count as air resistance brings it to a stop in 7 feet...

​Police instructor long, long ago said he was never impressed by 0-60 time figure, it was 60-0 that counted!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Last summer I hit a Roe buck. I was on a country road near home going through a common deer crossing point at about 40. Even knowing and looking I had zero chads of stopping as the buck simply launched itself from a bush directly into my car front wing. It died instantly as did my NCD. Sometime you have no time.

Given that deer can and do just , jump out in front of cars, I pretty much fail to see how anyone could just decide the driver was going too fast.
    I hate to think of the reply you might have gotten from some folk for amusing PC`s with your no uncertain terms.

Generally it`s the deer thats "at fault" in RTA`s surely.