again more dispatch

roedeerred

just had another call out at least its a buck this time and vertually written the car off driver going too fast down country lanes.
fraid I told him so in no uncertian terms much to amusement of P.C.
As I said in another thread lots of chasing between bucks must be the warmer weather and testostrone rising bucks starting to get terratorial :)doh:could never spell)

just had another call out at least its a buck this time and vertually written the car off driver going too fast down country lanes.
fraid I told him so in no uncertian terms much to amusement of P.C.
As I said in another thread lots of chasing between bucks must be the warmer weather and testostrone rising bucks starting to get terratorial :)doh:could never spell)

It's ironic you've been asked to do this so soon after the humane despatch of the Doe, looks like you're going to have a busy year at this rate.

Making progress is good but you should always be able to stop in the distance that you can clearly see to be safe. So 60 mph around a bend that you cant see around on a country road ?
Next time there might be a tractor or a couple of horse riders ........
Or a deer waiting for you!

MFR the 'local' radio station up here tend to be very good and every so often issue a reminder about deer activity on their traffic and news broadcasts. Never sure how effective it is - but can't do harm? Maybe something for people to consider - aside from deer welfare it is a positive spin on stalkers and gets you 'known' to the station.

Apache - 60MPH in a Disco doesnt count as air resistance brings it to a stop in 7 feet... ;)

​Police instructor long, long ago said he was never impressed by 0-60 time figure, it was 60-0 that counted!

Last summer I hit a Roe buck. I was on a country road near home going through a common deer crossing point at about 40. Even knowing and looking I had zero chads of stopping as the buck simply launched itself from a bush directly into my car front wing. It died instantly as did my NCD. Sometime you have no time.

Given that deer can and do just , jump out in front of cars, I pretty much fail to see how anyone could just decide the driver was going too fast.
I hate to think of the reply you might have gotten from some folk for amusing PC`s with your no uncertain terms.

Generally it`s the deer thats "at fault" in RTA`s surely.

We lost a heavily pregnant doe and a big buck virtually at the same spot since Weds. Dead straight piece of road, so quite quick. Last spring driving up a very urban lane by sheer chance I caught sight of a roe on my nearside and how i missed the big roe buck that shot out infront of me is only known to the gods.

When they decide to go then little chance. Bigger issues when we get more wild boar, serious mess if you hit one.

D

Had 2 roe jump out on me earlier this year. Ironic I was going to the Greenfields DMG induction and had 2 other stalkers with me. I saw the first launch its self from my near side and jumped on the brakes. I didn't see the second until it appeared from the front off side. It was so close I couldn't see it over the bonnet of the Hilux. But the point is I was alert and not going too fast, oh and the roads were icy as well. I stopped and didn't hit either of them.
Not saying it doesn't happen I know deer will just run into the road in front of cars but on most occasions the driver should see them before they make it to the road

We all use country roads and know the pitfalls and dangers but in my humble opinion most drivers go far too fast in these areas

The police driving manual says "You should drive for what you can see, what you can't see and what you could reasonably expect to happen".

On the note of it being the deers fault. In law collision law generally states "Owing to the presence of a motor vehicle on a road".

So as soon as you have a car on a road you are automatically the first to be considered at fault.

Ian

If the police told me I was driving too fast i would say nothing, if the bloke they brought along to kill the deer did I would tell him to **** off.

If the police told me I was driving too fast i would say nothing, if the bloke they brought along to kill the deer did I would tell him to **** off.

And I'd say good luck with your insurance claim, I don't think the deer was insured!

If I understood your point I might be able to answer.

I would guess your vehicle would be damaged and you may want to repair it through your insurance? If third party then tough as the other party involved (the deer) would have no insurance to claim off. If fully comp and after the police RTC report is done where do you think your insurance company will look for evidence? Police RTC report, when this states in their opinion you were driving too fast for road / weather conditions and that the collision could have possibly been avoided, insurance company may be a little hesitant in paying up!

I would guess your vehicle would be damaged and you may want to repair it through your insurance? If third party then tough as the other party involved (the deer) would have no insurance to claim off. If fully comp and after the police RTC report is done where do you think your insurance company will look for evidence? Police RTC report, when this states in their opinion you were driving too fast for road / weather conditions and that the collision could have possibly been avoided, insurance company may be a little hesitant in paying up!

Rubbish

Unless the police have evidence of exseesive speed they will not put their "opinion" in the report, simply that you collided with a deer

Apart from that, the insewerance companies have to pay to read those reports, so most don`t even bother. Fully comp,, they pay simple.

I think some folks attitude towards drivers is shining through here. Some people drive faster than others but still do it just as safely, some folk can`t accept that.

If you've ever seen an RTC report you will know there is a whole A4 page of tick box questions many of which ask the officers "opinion" of what could have been contributing factors to the RTC

Back