Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minox ZE5i from UK

Minox ZE5i from UK

Hello, just got a 308w in, and now I need a scope to put on it. It will be the new Minox ZE5i 2-10x50 with 11 illumination settings and german#4 ret.

First - anybody got experince with this scope, or Minox in general?

and second - I plan on ordering it from a shop in the UK who has it, because its a pretty expensive scope here in Denmark, so I can save a bit by doing that.

Do you know any shop I can trust - with good prices and so on?

Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole ! Had two when they first came out ! Both had a problem with the reticle moving around when the focus ring was touched !

That sure sounds bad. I have heard that there has been some problems with the old ZA5 line but this new ZE5i line is only made in Germany so I thought it would be good quality.. Dont know if I dare to try one now..

Morning

Speak to Ryan Emmett or Tony Stone...
    Emmett and Stone Home Page | Emmett and Stone
    +44 1628 474 187

They are my local RFD, Minox dealers, and know the UK Sale Director well, so if you have an issue you're pretty close to the source...

If nothing else, you'll get an honest opinion as they are good guys

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

All products have faults, i have heard of the problem mentioned above but from what i understand it was very much in the minority and Minox rectified it, the optics are superb as one would expect my Germany.
    I have a ZA5 on top of my .243, the eye relief can be a little fussy but once set for you it is fine.
    The new illuminated scope has a 30mm tube, if you can actually find one to look through before you buy like most things it is a good idea.
    Your best bet to get the most competitive price would be Macleods.
    Cheers
    Richard

Minox did have problems with ZA5 ( I think ) - extensively covered on Youtube - all seem to centre around lose eye piece and/or reticule.

My understanding is this was more than a year back and Minox fixed the issues - both under warranty and with subsequent production.

We've a ZA5 on the course rifle ( ie lots of use ), eye 'box' can be fussy per DDS, but better than many. Very pleased with it thus far.

Macleods bought up a stock of the ZA3/5 as the line is being revamped and are doing very good deals on those.

Still just waiting for a good manufacturer to realise there are some people that would like a nice fixed power scope with as few knobs, bottoms and dials on as possible though....
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I had ZA5 and it was fine scope. I would like to see illuminated one, but no one sells them locally as far as I know. For me it would need to be a bargain, so well below Zeiss Duralyte to get one. I dont think they are.

I just checked on a Uk shop and the Minox ze5i 2-10x50 ill is 700£ and the Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 ill is 850$. Will I get better qulity if I buy the Zeiss for 150£ more?

I remember to have looked at the Duralyt before but what turned me of was the design of it. But in the end its all about the glass. Sharpness and brightness.
    Last edited by Renico; 08-05-2013 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    I just checked on a Uk shop and the Minox ze5i 2-10x50 ill is 700£ and the Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 ill is 850$. Will I get better qulity if I buy the Zeiss for 150£ more?

I remember to have looked at the Duralyt before but what turned me of was the design of it. But in the end its all about the glass. Sharpness and brightness.
    They both use SCHOTT glass, so shouldn't be any difference...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

There will be a difference as it is not only glass quality but also coatings quality.
    £700 is not too bad, still too much for what I would like to pay for a scope...