Thread: Burgers etc.. BBQ'S..

Burgers etc.. BBQ'S..

Recently I have been dabbling with venison and wild boar so her goes for what I think works.

Burgers I did put 1lb of each venison and boar which was amazing to taste the two meets combined but certain will still taste excellent apart.

Piri-piri burger- 1lb of meat added to salt, pepper, beef oxo cube sprinkled inn then tea spoon piri-piri mustard mixed in.

Plain burger 1lb meat salt, pepper, oxo cube and little garlic paste.

Cheese burger 1lb meat salt, pepper, oxo cube, garlic paste, thinly chopped jalepeo's chili's, then crumble some smoked cheeder or mozzarella cheese in mix well the form. Make the taste so much better than placing cheese in middle. Or for instance a 0.5lb burger mix the same mix separate in quarter pound layer of cheese then place the cheese between the quarters together then press.

I like to serve cibatta rolls for buns of course cut in half then place the inside of the bun on the heat for 30 seconds to develop the warmth and crisp.

Kebab's.
    Cut your game into min two inch or bigger not small dice as this will tense up quickly on the bbq.
    Marinade's
    Sat, pepper, garlic paste, olive oil as a standard basic mix then add from the following.
    Indian jerk paste, harrissa paste.

I find as some know that venison can tend to be a little dry. Place top/silver side joint in roasting tray, pour in up to two inches of water adding what ever condiments you wish even add a glug or two of wine, then cover the meat and tray in foil. When three quote-rs done remove foil reduce heat then cook to finish, must reduce the heat or the heat will quickly draw the moister out.

My latest try was Sunday just gone.
    I had a frozen boned and rolled top and silverside of fallow and a boar haunch. After defrosting I unstrung the venisons.
    I took the top side joint of the fallow place on center of the boar haunch then gathered several hand fulls of black current sage sprinkled in center then rolled the lot together and re-strung. I find black current sage really complements venison.

The other remaining joints will be served tonight in a bottle of home brew stout, dried wild mushrooms green beans and a bloomer etc after slow cooking for 10 hours.

hey mate, this recipe sounds superb. im gonna give them a go myself.
    thankyou for sharing this...

Mmmmmmm, kebabs with pitta and tabbouleh and tazieki coming up!

I thought you needed fat for the burgers? Just starting on my own.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    I thought you needed fat for the burgers? Just starting on my own.
    I use the meat from the neck and rib cage to make burgers and they never taste dry, or like I've prpreviously mentioned I tend to mix 50/50 venison and wild boar meat that I cull with Colin from here.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I use the meat from the neck and rib cage to make burgers and they never taste dry, or like I've prpreviously mentioned I tend to mix 50/50 venison and wild boar meat that I cull with Colin from here.
    Colin might get upset if I remove a boar and say you told me I needed it for my burgers.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Colin might get upset if I remove a boar and say you told me I needed it for my burgers.
    I don't just put it through the mince machine. I'm off to my in laws soon and will be taking a 6lb boned and rolled joint with.
    Can't wait to cull another one as my freezer us getting low.
    The Mrs prefers it to deer venison.

Hmm, don't think I have had wild boar before so freezer being low isn't a problem. Mind you don't have a lot of Bambi either. Need to rectify that at some point. Lol. Still need to buy that sausage stuffer.
    The burgers went down well for the BBQ the only problem was the fat should have been minced smaller but lesson learned for next time.

Hmm, don't think I have had wild boar before so freezer being low isn't a problem. Mind you don't have a lot of Bambi either. Need to rectify that at some point. Lol. Still need to buy that sausage stuffer.
    The burgers went down well for the BBQ the only problem was the fat should have been minced smaller but lesson learned for next time.
    When I'm doing my mince/burgers I always put it through my machine twice, have a look on weschenfelder website great service and products etc...
    The machine I got from them minces and also acts as a stuffer etc. you can also get smaller grids to specify whatsizzle of mince you like.