Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC qualifacations and the current FAC

DSC qualifacations and the current FAC

Hi

Has anyone heard a rumor regarding a move to complete the DSC training as justification to keep your FAC, Heard from a good source but cant find anything to back this up.

Don,t agree with it.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen Deerhunter View Post
    Hi

Has anyone heard a rumor regarding a move to complete the DSC training as justification to keep your FAC, Heard from a good source but cant find anything to back this up.

Don,t agree with it.

Alan
    I wouldn't be sure how the fact that you may or may not hold DSC qualifications counts as "good reason" under the Firearms Act? atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen Deerhunter View Post
    Hi

Don,t agree with it.

Alan

Sounds like an empty rumour to me!
    Bound to get people on here wound up though!!!!

In my view, as long as you already hold your FAC, and have not been convicted, arrested, etc, etc I fail to see how your FAC could be revoked. And what about the avalanche of Crown Coort Appeals,

I feel sure that the Police would not wish take on all of us, could you imagine the headlines... Police have to cut front line policing due to the amount it has cost them in defending an undefendable case!!!, I think not.

As I have said before anyone on this site who is not a member of BASC, BDS, NGO, or any other organisation should JOIN NOW!!

Someone I know who took his DSC1 last weekend, said it had been brought up, that the police are thinking of removing deer from your FAC if you haven't a DSC qualification. That by this time next year we will need the qualification to keep deer on our FAC ........ rumour ?

Quote Originally Posted by owdnorthener View Post
    Someone I know who took his DSC1 last weekend, said it had been brought up, that the police are thinking of removing deer from your FAC if you haven't a DSC qualification. That by this time next year we will need the qualification to keep deer on our FAC ........ rumour ?
    There would be absolutely no legal way for this to be imposed on current FAC holders,
    Therefore yes I think its a hollow scare story or a case of 'chinese whispers'

th
    Quote Originally Posted by owdnorthener View Post
    One can only assume that would be the case if.
    Training and qualifications were introduced for rabbit shooting,fox shooting, boar shooting,shooting of hares and shooting of feathered vermin.
    I believe the consultation by the scotish parliament has ended with regard to shooting deer in Scotland and needing /take up of training for those wishing to do so. Could it be people misunderstanding this consultation? I myself was incorrectly told the other month it was already on the statute books that you needed you DSC 1 to shoot deer in Scotland
    Last edited by 1066kieran; 08-05-2013 at 17:41.

Hmm sounds like a good way of drumming up business but saying that training is no bad thing.

Legal requirement though is another thing all together.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    There would be absolutely no legal way for this to be imposed on current FAC holders,
    Therefore yes I think its a hollow scare story or a case of 'chinese whispers'
    Strong words Mike. NO legal way? People probably said that about fox hunting in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Strong words Mike. NO legal way? People probably said that about fox hunting in the past!
    As I said - no legal way
    Unless they change the law (as happened with fox hunting).