Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fox calls

fox calls

right much to my better judgement im geting closer and closer to buying one of these electic fox calls you place in one corner of the field and stalk it to plink charlie off as he comes along being nosey,
    ive always been against these calls as i believe the best call is your mouth and hand however ive been watching and readin up on these electric calls and they seem to produce the goods , any advice on what the best call is to get? ive been lookng at the fox pro from america its coming in at 130 quid any one else got this kind of call? also theres other calls on ebay half this price , any input from serious fox shooters would be grand
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

Foxpro works well for me.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Foxpro all the way.
    You can't beat being able to put the call out away from you IMHO.
    I have shot them almost touching the call.

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    I have shot them almost touching the call.
    My Foxpro has vulpine teeth marks on it!

had 1 fox run in and hit my foxpro before i had chance to shoot it (i was a bit to slow that nite)

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    U caller are very good and you can get them for 70 quid

Out last night with the foxpro to deal with what the shepherd said was a monster fox taking his lambs, give him the benefit of the doubt i thought, packed the foxpro and off we went, got there 8.45, set up and waited 1/2 an hour, put on the lamb4 call and straight away in came "the monster" i let him get to within 30yds of the caller, hit the mute, right on que he stopped to get a bearing on the sound source, Bang one down, sat tight and let it go quite for 10 mins,swapped over positions to give me lamping buddy a shot, caller back on rabbit distress, set of eyes two paddocks over but he would'nt come in, swapped back to the lamb call and in he came like a train, he got to about 150 and he scented us and buggered off,but the caller was too much, he couldn't resist, he just had to have a look,back he came, let him get to 150 again, hit the mute button, again this one stopped dead, Bang Number two down, result,one happy lamping buddy and a very contented farmer,good enough for us, packed up and home for tea and biccy's

Attachment 28083

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Out last night with the foxpro to deal with what the shepherd said was a monster fox taking his lambs, give him the benefit of the doubt i thought, packed the foxpro and off we went, got there 8.45, set up and waited 1/2 an hour, put on the lamb4 call and straight away in came "the monster" i let him get to within 30yds of the caller, hit the mute, right on que he stopped to get a bearing on the sound source, Bang one down, sat tight and let it go quite for 10 mins,swapped over positions to give me lamping buddy a shot, caller back on rabbit distress, set of eyes two paddocks over but he would'nt come in, swapped back to the lamb call and in he came like a train, he got to about 150 and he scented us and buggered off,but the caller was too much, he couldn't resist, he just had to have a look,back he came, let him get to 150 again, hit the mute button, again this one stopped dead, Bang Number two down, result,one happy lamping buddy and a very contented farmer,good enough for us, packed up and home for tea and biccy's

Attachment 28083
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by robert1666 View Post
    right much to my better judgement im geting closer and closer to buying one of these electic fox calls you place in one corner of the field and stalk it to plink charlie off as he comes along being nosey,
    ive always been against these calls as i believe the best call is your mouth and hand however ive been watching and readin up on these electric calls and they seem to produce the goods , any advice on what the best call is to get? ive been lookng at the fox pro from america its coming in at 130 quid any one else got this kind of call? also theres other calls on ebay half this price , any input from serious fox shooters would be grand
    Let me know where you can find a Foxpro for 130, I'm looking for one at the mo